Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → lighted textures
lighted textures
2003-12-12, 11:24 AM #1
I am making an indoor Kejim style map just for my enjoyment, and to sharpen my mappping skills. But, I was wondering how they get the glowing effect on the lighted pipes on JO's Kejim.

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2003-12-12, 2:37 PM #2
Those are shaders, it's a special field of editing. It doen't take too long to learn.
http://qeradiant.com/manual/Q3AShader_Manual/index.htm
This is the handbook.
It should give you the basics, then just open a shader (they can be opened in notepad) that's simmillar to the kind you want, and then make your ajustments.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2003-12-13, 1:36 PM #3
Thanks Pal [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
2003-12-13, 1:44 PM #4
I'll learn shaders, but i was wondering if for now i could just use the ones that were in JO's kejim level, it is exactly what I need. How would I do this.

------------------
2003-12-13, 1:46 PM #5
loasd the "kejim" texture set and look for the texture you want and make sure it has a white line around it.

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
Immorality- 1 Cor. 6:18, 2 Tim. 2:22
Impure thoughts- Col. 3:2, Phil. 4:8
Alcohol- Eph. 5:18, Prov. 20:1
Anger- Gal. 5:22, Porv. 20:3
Pride- 1 Peter 5:5, Dan. 4:37
Worry- 1 Peter 5:7, Phil. 4:7-6
speech- James 1:26, Eph. 4:29-5:2
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

↑ Up to the top!