Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Multiplayer is not my friend
Multiplayer is not my friend
2003-12-27, 12:13 PM #1
Well i decided to take a break from my SP game Remnant Temple and make a small CTF game for JO.
I made the whole map, spawnpoints, etc. and compiled. I then made the arena file and started to load the game. Ive never made MP before so i dont know what to do here.

First thing i noticed was the texturing issue. I NEVER HAVE A TEXTURING ISSUE. the new textures i put in did not come in and i got default.mat. I checked and the sizes were correct and in the right folders plus they show up in the editor but not in the game. Need help here.

Also im having trouble with bot waypoint editing. I read up on the bot waypoint tutorial and i got into edit mode (or at least i think i did).

I typed: devmap mapname +set bot_wp_edit 1

I got in. Now heres where the problem came in. I started to try to put wp's in and it just wrote it like i was typing a MP message. so i would type bot_wp_add and it would say Prince Xizor says:bot_wp_add. WTF?

And no sorry i dont have GTK yet.
Please help.

-Xizor

------------------
Here Ociffer, hold my beer while i look for my license.
*Remnant Temple beta taking a bit longer than planned but ill get it done*
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2003-12-27, 12:23 PM #2
sv_pure 0.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2003-12-27, 1:39 PM #3
say what? Is that a command that gets it working? Well ill try it out gothic. Any ideas about the texturing issue?

------------------
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2003-12-27, 5:51 PM #4
Oh, wait that was for the texturing issue. Ok. I got the texturing but i keep having to put it in everytime i start the game. Will it automatically start when I have it PK3d? I still need help on the bot part. I dont think im even getting into edit mode now that i think about it.

------------------
Light And Darkness
2003-12-28, 6:34 AM #5
would someone give me the commands to get into edit mode properly? An example? anything?
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Light And Darkness
2003-12-28, 10:57 AM #6
Never mind! I just was able to do it. I made bot routes!

------------------
Light And Darkness
2003-12-28, 1:08 PM #7
Celebrate. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!