Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → um, right... er.. what the?
um, right... er.. what the?
2003-12-05, 11:18 PM #1
i made my first box in GTK, then i put a hallway in, then i connected the hallway to another hallway, and finaly i put another boy at he end wih a urret gun in it.

but allthough aperenly i cant find a single gap in my walls, i think they are called leaks. where my two hallways join, its full of nasty horrid void HOM stuff that i realy REALY hate..

secondly, how do i add a enermy to my level? coz i want to put a stormie in it.

------------------
I am pjb.
Another post......
another moment of my life wasted.....
at least i made a level.
PJB's JK page's

-the PJB jedi rule book-
rule one, "never trust a bartender with bad grammar"-kyle katarn in JO

Rule Two, "Gravity is a crule misstress" -kyle katarn in MotS, and the alternatior MK I in AJTD

rule three, "asprines good, but it hasent got the kick of morphine. and its not gonna stop the hurting in my arm, the ones thats on the otherside of the room i mean" -the alternatior
I am Darth PJB!
well, go on, run away!

i have a plastic lightsaber and a jedi cape.. am i a nerd?

If gravity is a crule mistress, and bar tenders with bad grammar are untrustworthy, what is air?
2003-12-05, 11:28 PM #2
Right click on 2d view , NPC --> then choose who u want
(this can only be done with sp_entities.def)
2003-12-06, 6:10 AM #3
Gah, crazy Belgians, in JA you can do it in MP too.

Also, you might want to look for a red line after compiling, it'll show you where the leak is.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged
2003-12-06, 8:13 AM #4
well i know about the red line thing, but it dosent appear, infact GTK wont evan tell me there is a leak and it normaly dose..

if it was JK i woudl say "the sectors arnt adjoined" but you dont ahve secors in Q3 engine..

SP_enteries.DEF... what is that?

------------------
I am pjb.
Another post......
at least i made a level.
PJB's JK page's

-the PJB jedi rule book-

Rule Two, "Gravity is a crule misstress" -kyle katarn in MotS, and the alternatior MK I in AJTD

rule three, "asprines good, but it hasent got the kick of morphine. and its not gonna stop the hurting in my arm, the ones thats on the otherside of the room i mean" -the alternatior
I am Darth PJB!
well, go on, run away!

If gravity is a crule mistress, and bar tenders with bad grammar are untrustworthy, what is air?
2003-12-06, 9:12 AM #5
SP_Entities.def is a file that shows Single player Entities in Radiant

Check the view option in Radiant , and maybe THe Red Line thing is off there
2003-12-06, 10:56 AM #6
have you tried hitting file>pointfile ?
that should show the red line.
can you give us a screen of the area in the editor?

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
Immorality- 1 Cor. 6:18, 2 Tim. 2:22
Impure thoughts- Col. 3:2, Phil. 4:8
Alcohol- Eph. 5:18, Prov. 20:1
Anger- Gal. 5:22, Porv. 20:3
Pride- 1 Peter 5:5, Dan. 4:37
Worry- 1 Peter 5:7, Phil. 4:7-6
speech- James 1:26, Eph. 4:29-5:2
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2003-12-07, 11:54 PM #7
well i ran the file/pointfile thign and it said that PJB.lin was not found.. what ever that means..

then i looked in the view menu, and i HAD turned the renline thing off, i ahd acsidentaly unchecked the "stop BSP on leak" setting.. DOH on my part..

and i added my first NPC.. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

a new problem has arisen..

when i load the textures, (nar shadda bespin yavin, doomgiver ETc...) they appear, but most, if not all, are white. they are the right size, and fine in JO, but they just.. dont appear any color that white..

i can hardly see anything in the 3d preview thing.. its anoying

------------------
I am pjb.
Another post......
at least i made a level.
PJB's JK page's

-the PJB jedi rule book-

I am Darth PJB!
well, go on, run away!

2003-12-08, 2:33 PM #8
can you give us a screen shot?

------------------
2003-12-10, 9:59 AM #9
Hum... had that happen too... thats why I still use JK2Radient as opposed to the reliable GTKRadient [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] I can never get that stupid program to work right so I just stuck with JK2Radient and I'm compiling with q3map2. The problem is if you're working with JA you need GTK to get some of the new entities in there. If someone finds a solution to the white tex thing let me know too! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Bunnies jump farther when you kick em!
2003-12-11, 2:39 AM #10
i would give you a screenshot but unfortunatly my servers down at the moment and i cant upload it.. will do soon.

p.s. how can i tell whats a shader and wahts a texture?

------------------
I am pjb.
Another post......
at least i made a level.
PJB's JK page's

-the PJB jedi rule book-

I am Darth PJB!
well, go on, run away!

2003-12-11, 5:03 AM #11
A texture is a regular picture. It doesn't do anything.

A shader is a texture with special properties (like it scrolls, animates, acts like a sky, has transparent features etc.)

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-11, 6:06 AM #12
in GTK, the shaders will have a white box around them in the texture window.

------------------
2003-12-12, 1:24 AM #13
ahh...

cool. now all i ahve to do is fix the white out of the textures or go to sleep and find its all a butifull dream, thosands of people still paly JK 1, and LEC havent evan imgained makeing JO yet....

------------------
I am pjb.
Another post......
at least i made a level.
PJB's JK page's

-the PJB jedi rule book-

I am Darth PJB!
well, go on, run away!

2003-12-12, 2:48 AM #14
And your English teacher would still be alive?

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

[This message has been edited by gothicX (edited December 12, 2003).]
2003-12-25, 6:59 PM #15
i got a problem. When i got the NPC in he doesnt move...the prblem waypoints but...how do i target them at eachother

------------------
-thank you man, raly appriciate it
2003-12-29, 8:11 AM #16
Nice thread revival. And honestly, is it really that hard to type properly, people?! It would be nice to be able to read what you are saying!

And 'need help', you select the first waypoint you want and then the second, in that order, and press CTRL+K. Plus, you need scripting to tell the NPC to move there at all.
DO NOT WANT.
2003-12-29, 12:17 PM #17
OMG he just asked the same question

http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum17/HTML/003903.html

??

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!