Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Music
Music
2004-01-07, 6:51 PM #1
I've tried tons of different tutorials on dozens of websites, but i haven't found any tuts for adding music to a JK2 or JKA level. I also checked RichDiesal's site, but he didn't finish his tutorials. I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out, cuz i'm a beginner in mapping. Thanks.
2004-01-08, 4:24 AM #2
There are alot of topics with this question
Just search for music and select Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum and you'll find the topics that were made before this one about music
2004-01-08, 4:54 AM #3
If you're to lazy to look, I try to help you out, though I'm not sure if what I'm saying is right, here it go's.

-In your "base" folder there should be a folder called "music". If not, create one.

-Now place the music file that you want to play in the "music" folder.
*note, use an .mp3 file

- Now open up Radiant and open up the "world spawn"
*note open up the world spawn by pushing "n" when no other entities are selected

-Now be ready to enter a new value, In the key, type "music", in the "Value" line type "music/nameofthesongfile".

-Hit enter, and it should work.

-

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

[This message has been edited by Arkon11 (edited January 08, 2004).]
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-01-08, 7:49 AM #4
I'll do that Arkon. Thanks very much both of you.
2004-01-08, 8:31 AM #5
No Problem [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] ,hey I call that my first Tutorial [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

[This message has been edited by Arkon11 (edited January 08, 2004).]
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-01-08, 3:37 PM #6
Your not searching the web enough if you cant find a tut on music.

------------------
Madquack and Firbnic have a signature.
*Remnant Temple beta almost done*
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-01-09, 6:01 AM #7
Then like Arkon said
After finishing a map

Put the music folder in the PK3 , or the other users can't hear the music
Maybe convert the music to wav , so the map aint gonna have a very big size

↑ Up to the top!