Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → What got you into mapping, ect..........
What got you into mapping, ect..........
2004-01-15, 3:12 AM #1
Yeah, What got you into editing, whether it be mapping, skinning, or modeling. Me, When I was younger I played alot of console games. Mostly Sega Gennisis, but I got a playstation a while after it came and loved it. Every time i played a game it was like, "That was cool, but it would be better if there was a level like.............." and you can see thats how i got into this stuff [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-01-15, 4:07 AM #2
Some amazing work I saw for Quake 3, then I took a break, sold Quake 3, got Jedi Outcast.. And saw a WIP thread at Massassi (Restless Endeavour). That got me back into it.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.

[This message has been edited by gothicX (edited January 15, 2004).]
2004-01-15, 4:17 AM #3
I was editing 8-bit roms, and then I said to myself, "I wish I could go into field of editing that isn't limited." So then I stumbled here at Massassi. I first tried using JED, but it was just to confusing. Then I tried brush editng and like it. I edit both JO/JA and RtCW. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-15, 10:07 AM #4
Well about around the release of quake3. I was watching some game show and they had employees from discreet there showcaseing the discreet game engine/modeler. I got intrested in that stuff ever since then. As much I know now. I am ready to give advice and start my own mapping. Finally ready to release something.

------------------
-- [url="mailto:Jatso_jk@hotmail.com"]mailto:Jatso_jk@hotmail.com[/url]Jatso_jk@hotmail.com</A>--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
-- Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--

↑ Up to the top!