Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Crate moving
Crate moving
2004-01-22, 11:37 AM #1
I need some help with crates that are moveable by using force push/pull. How would I do this? Can it only be done by scripting?

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-01-22, 5:38 PM #2
how about func_static?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-23, 1:56 AM #3
Never Tried it. Thanks Echoman. Did you by any chance get my e-mail i sent you. Also what is this about you can't map because you broke you JA cd.

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
2004-01-23, 5:15 AM #4
Echo, I still need some help. I checked the force pull/push boxes, but the crate is still stationary. How will I make it move to what ever direction "force" is applied.

------------------
2004-01-23, 6:39 AM #5
Well, I can map for MP because I broke the Disc 1 of JA. Because I found a SP No-CD patch for JA, I can edit for SP but I still haven't found a good patch for MP.

Anyway, I think func_static triggers an entity to move (not sure though).

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-23, 6:48 AM #6
Unfortunately with func_statics you need a script. A great example can be found in the kor1 sample map, where (if you remember the SP game) there is a door that needs some three correct buttons to be pressed.

Basically, you need make a crate with an origin brush (like a 16x16 units small cube brush all covered with the ugly system origin texture). Select both the crate itself and the origin somewhere inside it, and make them func_static. Then you need to place somewhere a ref_taq. Your script will later move the crate so that the origin brush will be in the same place as that ref_taq, so that's the location after the push.

Then check that flag in the func_static entity settings, and give it a usescript key with the value mymap/movescript. That's the path to the script.

Then go to the kor1 directory of the Raven sample scripts, and check button_1 script. Make your own script to follow the example.

Also, your ref_taq needs a targetname that you will use in your script. Your func_static, how ever does not, if you use the usescript key, because it assumes always the using entity to be also the affected one (as it is in this case).

------------------
This day we fight

[This message has been edited by lassev (edited January 23, 2004).]
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-01-23, 8:43 AM #7
Thanks man, that really cleared alot up. But, Could someone point me to where I can download ICARUS2 (sp), it's the JA editing tools I believe.

------------------
2004-01-23, 9:06 AM #8
I think I can help you with that question. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

http://www.jk3files.com/file.info?ID=20909

------------------
Designers have dreams and great idea's, but the coders are who have to get their hand dirty and program everything, they are slaves to the designers will.

-Arkon
Free your mind, use Open Source.
2004-01-23, 9:23 AM #9
Freyr, are you going to get on AIM anytime soon [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------

↑ Up to the top!