Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Some questions
Some questions
2004-01-24, 1:46 PM #1
I screwed around in GTK Radiant a while for JO, But i wanna get into JA editing.

so a few questions.

1. Where can download the best JA editor?
2. When i get it going, where can i find some decent tutorials.
3. my Biggest problem, Scale. What is the size of the standard door Raven used when making JA? my doors in JO were either WAY to big or too small that they caused the player to i guess clip the wall or something... they would not fit through the door.

so yeah, thats about it.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-01-24, 2:17 PM #2
1. Here's the latest version of GTK Radiant http://www.qeradiant.com/index.php?data=dlselect&quer y_dlsel=1&OS_dlsel%5B%5D=1&Release_dlsel%5B%5D=3&Games_dlsel%5B%5D=9
2. Heres some good begginners tuts. http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/
3. Expeiriment. Use an info_player_start for basic scaling. then you will know if you are close, or just way off.

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

[This message has been edited by Arkon11 (edited January 24, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Arkon11 (edited January 24, 2004).]
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-01-26, 3:26 AM #3
My scale is using 2 big squares as height, 1 for width. If you want square formed doors, use 2 big squares as width and height. That's the scale raven used, atleast on the sample maps...
There 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary arithmetics, and those who don't.
2004-01-26, 3:27 AM #4
A big box meaning?

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station

↑ Up to the top!