Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → two-sided patches?
two-sided patches?
2004-02-28, 8:25 PM #1
I have a patch that I want to hvae textured on both sides. Specifically, It's a dome that I want to have as glass. Is there a way to make both sides textured?

------------------
"the mouse is my chisel."
MotS mp:
Little House of Hazards
Surface Disposal Outpost
MotS mp:
Little House of Hazards
Surface Disposal Outpost
2004-02-28, 9:07 PM #2
just copy the patch mesh (space) and the invert matrix (ctrl+i) thats just what im thinking

p.s sorry echoman with the caps

------------------
-thank you man, raly appriciate it
2004-02-29, 9:12 AM #3
I'd go along with need help and reccomend making two domes with one larger and one inverted. However, not having worked much with glass, it's a real hit-and-miss issue wether or not the glass will look right. You could try doing it with brushes, but building domes (much less curved pipe shapes) with them is a tremendous pain in the arse. If you were to try this method it might only be worth your while to make it on an octagonal base. It's likely that working with more angle combinations than that would be too perilous to have much merit.

Good luck; be sure to let us know what you come up with.
2004-02-29, 9:30 AM #4
Use a glass shader with "cull none" in it, copy the dome, flip it over, apply system/clip. Seems to be less cpu-intensive.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-02-29, 10:35 AM #5
Thanks, everybody. I ended up doing the overlay with invert, but then I merged them so that I could make it breakable (i.e. both sides break when broken from one side). Seems to work.

------------------
MotS mp:
Little House of Hazards
Surface Disposal Outpost
MotS mp:
Little House of Hazards
Surface Disposal Outpost

↑ Up to the top!