Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Scale Ver. 2
Scale Ver. 2
2004-03-03, 2:10 AM #1
I havn't posted on this forum in a while, seems some other noobs have replaced me [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] . But here it goes, I was working on this one map for about a week now, everything thing looked great in radiant and all, so yesterday I compiled, and found that the scale was all out of wack. Everything was a little to big. Is there a way I can get a playermodel into radiant. That would be the perfect thing to judge scale by.

And........., is there a way I, or someone else, can turn a .glm (a player model) into an md3.

Thanks

Arkon

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-03-03, 2:41 AM #2
I think, but i never ever tryd, was trying I HATE MY ENGLISH, to do it. maybe you need to watch in the Ext_data folder witch is located in the assets0 and change the scale of him with some simple keys, A tutor is in the tutorial section

------------------
-thank you man, raly appriciate it
2004-03-03, 3:11 AM #3
An info_player_start is the size of Kyle.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-03-03, 3:32 AM #4
Judging scale off the player is generally useless. The engine defaults to an unaturally wide angle view, and thus were you to build to real-life scale, everything would seem tiny in game. But if you build stuff too big - well. A better bet would be to load up a door texture, line a brush up with it, and use that for scale. Raven already figured out the games perfect scale.

------------------
Too many stupid people!

'[sarcastic sneering]
You're waiting for Obi-Wan? Isn't that sweet. Personally, I've decided to wait for the quantum-biological supercomputer. My current system won't support what I have in store for my TC.
[/sarcastic sneering]'
-Fardreamer
StavaDM-Contest 1-Crap Dome-Contest 4

In any situation where I appear to be false, I assure you I am correct. In such a case, it is, in fact, reality that is mistaken.
2004-03-04, 12:26 PM #5
I typically build if off of an MD3. for JO i use the available shadowtrooper model. As it doesnt seem to be available in JA, i use the Saber-Droid instead. both will be found as md3s in your playermodels directory.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
I for one try not to allow my "nads" to take part in administration, it's unsanitary.

</font>
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-03-05, 2:17 AM #6
Thanks Guys, you're going to save me alot of time. And a special thanks to Forsakahn for the tip with the saber droid .MD3 [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed

↑ Up to the top!