Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → How do I make the tie fighter or shuttle model fly?????
How do I make the tie fighter or shuttle model fly?????
2004-03-09, 2:33 PM #1
How do I make the tie fighter or shuttle model fly????? If nothing else can I turn the shuttle into a "bobbing" brush to make it take off? or is there a way to run the scripts made for these models??

------------------
"Im not scared Master Yoda." "You will be."
2004-03-09, 9:39 PM #2
Use a func_static with a model attached to it. You can script func_static movement.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-03-09, 10:56 PM #3
The drawback of using a func_static is the jerky movement. You might also consider a func_train with an attached model. Then you could easily use a sizable amount of path_corners to smoothen the movement.

The best way would be to use .roffs, but that requires special software and skills.

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-03-10, 1:00 PM #4
Thanks guys, I will give that a go. I can never get the bloody train to work but I havent given it much effort yet. Cheers

------------------
2004-03-10, 1:48 PM #5
damn, how do I attach the model to the train? I tryed selecting all the pieces of the tie fighter and then right clicking and changing it to func_train but It just dissappered. How do I work the path_corners?

Sorry Im just a stupid newbie. Need Help!!!

------------------
2004-03-10, 2:41 PM #6
Check your path corners entity window.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

An exile of the Soviet Massassi Regime
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-03-10, 10:58 PM #7
What do you mean by "selecting all the pieces of the TIE fighter?" Surely you are not trying to use multiple models at once? You must have just one model of a full TIE. And remember the func_train must contain a piece of origin brush (just a brush totally covered with system/origin texture). The way I prefer is to make a small piece of nodraw or caulk and a small piece of origin inside that, turn those into a func_train. Then use the model2 key to bring in the model in game. Using model2 key you won't see the model in Radiant, only the pieces of brush. However, in game the situation is reversed: You see only the model, not the invisible origin nor the mandatory piece of other brush the entity must contain.

You use path_corners just by targeting a path_corner to the next path corner on the path you want to build. Target the func_train to the first path_corner of the path. Otherwise, read and study the entity properties.

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS

↑ Up to the top!