Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → help
help
2004-03-13, 12:21 AM #1
lets just say that there is 4 reborn in a room how do u make it so when all of them r killed another 4 will appear but only when the others have been killed sorta like how the ladder lvls work

Help would be most appreciated

Peace Out

Apocalypse

------------------
"Fear..fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent...fear is my ally!
"Fear..fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent...fear is my ally!
2004-03-13, 11:49 AM #2
the quickest thing that comes to mind is to use a target_counter set the "count" to 4, and have each of your npc target it. If you want it to repeat, set the "bounceCount" to however many times you want
2004-03-13, 2:21 PM #3
im having trouble getting this to work [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

plz explain a little more

Peace Out
Apocalypse

------------------
2004-03-13, 5:55 PM #4
Yea thats hard. Wheres gothicX?

------------------
Madquack and Firbnic have a signature.
Remnant Temple Part A beta test.
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-03-13, 6:33 PM #5
open up the entity window for each of your enemies (n on the keyboard) and enter the key "NPC_target" with the value that you want your target_counter to be named, like "counter_1".

place a target_counter in the map and enter the key "targetname" with the value "counter_1". the key "count" must have the value "4" if that is how many guys you start off with. also enter the key "target" with the value that you want your next group of guys to to be named, say "next_4".

Be sure to enter the key "targetname" with the value "next_4" on your 2nd group of guys.

If you want to have your first set of guys spawn again you'll have to use ncp_spawner (read the info on these in the entities window), and your target_counter will need the key "bounceCount" and value "2" or what ever you want.

don't forget that a npc with a targetname will not spawn untill it is triggered
2004-03-13, 6:36 PM #6
Yeah, I know I'm not that good at explaining things. hope this helps
2004-03-13, 8:04 PM #7
ok this is what i have done

the 4 starting reborn were there i killed them, then the next 4 appeared (everything is going good so far)i killed them too but how do i make another npc spawn after the 2nd 4 reborn?
eg tavion

once i know this i should be on my way

Peace Out
Apocalypse

------------------
2004-03-13, 10:36 PM #8
You make another target_counter, which targets Tavion. God, why does nobody use the "Search" button nowadays? I've explained this, like, a buhjillion of times.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-03-13, 11:11 PM #9
i targeted her...

------------------

↑ Up to the top!