Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → A few problems
A few problems
2004-05-09, 9:17 AM #1
Hi all, I am making a series of levels on JO but i've run into a few problems which I need help with -

1) I've got various objects in my levels (X-wings, the Raven's claw, tables, chairs etc) but when I try to start it up in JO, I can walk straight through them, this might be because I use both editors (GTK radiant and the other one, can't remember the name), GTK for the objects and the other for the general map making. Does anyone know how to correct this?

2) I’ve finished one level but I don’t know how to end the level and how to make it go on to the next. I’d apprieciate it if anyone who knows how could tell me how to do this.

Thanks in advance for any replies, Maxim
2004-05-09, 9:39 AM #2
First off- Use GTKRadiant for ALL mapmaking. It's almost exactly like JK2Radiant, only more reliable, accurate, better BSP, etc.
All models are non-solid ingame. What you have to do is create some brushes that are +/- the shape of your models. Texture them with system/clip. Bullets will not produce a spark when they hit the model, though. system/physics_clip does that.
As for the other thing, I'm not quite sure...Open up the kejim_post.map file (it comes with JK2Radiant) and look at the end of the level. I think it is a trigger_once targeting a target_something, probably. But look for yourself.

------------------
"Have you ever noticed that if you rearranged the letters in mother in law, they come out to Woman Hitler?"
"Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?"

Contrary to most tutorials, JK2Radiant is terrible.

Well don't just sit there, REPLY!!!
2004-05-09, 9:41 AM #3
thanks man, i'll look into it
2004-05-09, 9:42 AM #4
You mean target_levelchange.
2004-05-09, 9:51 AM #5
I knew it was some sort of target, I just didn't remember the name. You're right.

------------------
"Have you ever noticed that if you rearranged the letters in mother in law, they come out to Woman Hitler?"
"Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?"

Contrary to most tutorials, JK2Radiant is terrible.

Well don't just sit there, REPLY!!!

↑ Up to the top!