Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Creating new gun models
Creating new gun models
2004-05-08, 2:20 PM #1
I have .md3 files i made in milkshape then when i open them in md3view it says i dont have "models/players/model/.tga" something like that" and i cant make any new models so help me!

------------------
aim: shishnit07
msn: diamondcoconut@hotmail.com
2004-05-09, 6:04 AM #2
TGA files are MD3 control files. There's an MD3 Control File Generator for Q3 based games within MS3D. Once you generate the control file, include that within your root directory, and if everything generated propperly, it should work.

Gothix had troubles getting one of my own control files to work with a previous version of MS3D. And that was for JO. If you do incounter issues, mention something on the MS3D forums and they'll be happy to fix your control files for you.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-05-09, 11:08 AM #3
Thanks help a some, know of a good tutorial for this? all i could find was player model tutorials and some MD2 tutorials none which helped me with the qc file...

or if you or anyone you know thats familar with gun modeling, have them help me 1 on 1 would be of great thanks.

------------------
2004-05-09, 11:12 AM #4
Eh, Kirby.. TGA's are image files. Control files had a different extension. I'll see if I can get thrawn to post here.
2004-05-10, 6:03 AM #5
Well, in either case, MD3 control files are still required.

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin

[This message has been edited by jEDIkIRBY (edited May 10, 2004).]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-05-10, 12:09 PM #6
I basicly need to know how to skin and make a working qc file, other then that i think i can do it...

------------------
2004-05-10, 1:46 PM #7
There's an in-game skinning... thing called "Modview" I'm not sure how to get to it, since I don't even own JA, but I know that's how you skin models. For the QC, talk to the Milkshapers on the Milkshape forums, they'll help with that. Or Thrawn[numbers] here.

JediKirby

------------------
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-05-10, 3:10 PM #8
I would like to talk to this so called Thrawn of yours... Milkshape forums are bad, only good forums are these here!

------------------
2004-05-11, 3:20 AM #9
thrawn isn't of ours, HE'S THRAWNBUNCHOFNUMBERS, and have you ever heard of The Matrix Unplugged.....

if he doesn't see this, I'll contact him on MSN and see if he can check it out.

------------------
"Whats your name"
Cody
"No, whats your real name"
Arkon............
Proud member of the Co-op
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-05-11, 5:53 PM #10
Im revetivly new to massassi so i havnt heard of the matrix unpluged and still wondering whats soo great about cazor...

------------------
2004-05-11, 6:30 PM #11
I'm a long time Milkshaper,

if your trying to load your .MD3, made in milkshape, in md3view then you already have done the .qc thing because you can't create an md3 from milkshape without it.

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

Grace is the Pleasure of God to magnify the Worth of God by
enabling sinners to delight in God without compromising the Glory of God.
-J. Piper
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2004-05-12, 12:07 PM #12
Guitarman you got aim or msn i can talk to you over?

------------------
2004-05-12, 6:39 PM #13
Check my profile,
I have YIM, MSN & ICQ.
also, Xfire=RED_MMFSdjw

------------------

Grace is the Pleasure of God to magnify the Worth of God by
enabling sinners to delight in God without compromising the Glory of God.
-J. Piper

↑ Up to the top!