Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Few questions
Few questions
2004-05-11, 8:45 PM #1
1)How can I set the player start with only blaster rifle, in JA the player always has lightsaber...
2)How can I set the skin and model the player uses when playing the map.
3)How can I add my own "mission failed" text? I can now use only the already made like "too many allies died".

[This message has been edited by Heke7 (edited May 11, 2004).]
There 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary arithmetics, and those who don't.
2004-05-11, 11:49 PM #2
1) First set no weapon, then the blaster rifle. Should work. I'm really surprised if it doesn't work. There was one level amongst the original SP levels which started without the saber, so it MUST work actually.

2) There're script commands for that. I'm not sure how well they work, and there might be a problem with the skin textures after quick load, but go forward and try it out. The script commands contain all the info you need, if you use them in BehavEd.

3) You must edit the "sp_ingame.str" file in strings. Just edit the actual text contents of any entry. You don't need to edit the reference, there should be enough of them to choose from. In script you can use the original reference.

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS

[This message has been edited by lassev (edited May 12, 2004).]
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-05-13, 4:40 AM #3
For the question one, I tried that way you said lassev... The player still had the light saber.
There 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary arithmetics, and those who don't.
2004-05-13, 5:29 AM #4
Hmm... Seems you are right. There is a noweap flag in the info_playerstart, which might be worth a shot. I don't need this function for my own map, but it would be good to know how it is achieved.

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-05-13, 6:00 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lassev:
Hmm... Seems you are right. There is a noweap flag in the info_playerstart, which might be worth a shot. I don't need this function for my own map, but it would be good to know how it is achieved.

</font>

Still holding lightsaber.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

-------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-05-13, 10:57 AM #6
It worked in JO for me, but not in JA.

------------------
"Whats your name"
Cody
"No, whats your real name"
Arkon............
Proud member of the Co-op
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-05-15, 5:26 AM #7
For your first question...I think there is a way to script that. I know you can script it in JO, as Arkon said, and since JA uses the same engine...

------------------
"Have you ever noticed that if you rearranged the letters in mother in law, they come out to Woman Hitler?"
"Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?"

Contrary to most tutorials, JK2Radiant is terrible.

Well don't just sit there, REPLY!!!

↑ Up to the top!