Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → how to make models 'fly'
how to make models 'fly'
2004-05-29, 10:10 AM #1
you know. The flying models like the ones in nar shadda and stuff (for Jedi Academy)

------------------
So...
"007...Whats your name"
"The name is bond...James Bond"
"No, i mean your other codename"
"Dont tell this any further. Its need help"
2004-05-29, 11:21 AM #2
With funcs or miscs.

Func_trains are easy to set up in Radiant, require no scripting, and can fly in circles. They have also an automatic ability to turn to face the next path_corner (if a bit slowly, but anyway).

Or you can move various funcs and miscs by scripting with the move command.

You can use the model2 key in funcs to add a model in game. Or perhaps you can just target a misc model to a func and pray it will follow the func in game. Or you can use misc_model_breakable or for glms misc_model_ghoul and move them using the move script command. (Remember to use script_targetname).

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-05-29, 11:25 AM #3
In addition to what lasse said; path_corners have the possibility of making their trains nonsolid and invisible until they reach the next corner. As for model targeting; use "target" on the model, and "_targetname" on the func.
2004-05-29, 8:27 PM #4
can somebody please tell what i exactly need to do.

Because:
1. Do i need to make the misc_model and the origin brush a func_train
2. do i need to make only an origin brush and do something else with the ship???

------------------
So...
"007...Whats your name"
"The name is bond...James Bond"
"No, i mean your other codename"
"Dont tell this any further. Its need help"
2004-05-30, 12:31 AM #5
You can't literally make a misc_model a func_train in Radiant, I believe, since misc_model is an entity as long as it's uncompiled. The func_train requires one origin brush. It's that origin brush that will follow the path_corners. Rest of the stuff just follows and turns along. You make a func_static perhaps our of some in game invisible stuff, including the origin. Then target the misc_model to the func_train following Gothix's sage advice.

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS

↑ Up to the top!