Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Arkon11 this is the only way you could contact me on that project for the moment..
Arkon11 this is the only way you could contact me on that project for the moment..
2004-05-29, 1:56 PM #1
(There is a JA editing question below.)
I mean.. I would love to work on that and discuss it with you.. But you see, I did a dumb move and made a new pw for my msn.. I went to forgot pw.. Thing said I needed to sign in with correct pw.. So it may be a day till the admin team at msn fix this for me.. Or if someone has a idea why its doing this to me.. Feel free to comment.. And one other thing..

My waypoints and all that work fine.. NPC goes to the goals.. Now here is the problem, I tried to make it so the NPC would sit on a chair. Now to have the NPC move to a waypoint then at a animation of sitting down. How would one go about doing so? Scripting wise..

------------------
-- [url="mailto:Jatso_jk@hotmail.com"]mailto:Jatso_jk@hotmail.com[/url]Jatso_jk@hotmail.com</A>--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
-- Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
2004-05-29, 2:54 PM #2
me calls/ Oh lassev, oh lassev where are you.....

------------------
"Whats your name"
Cody
"No, whats your real name"
Arkon............
Proud member of the Co-op
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-05-30, 12:36 AM #3
not to be harsh or anything, but please keep personal comments off the forums. it's in the rules, and the only reason i'm not closing this thread is because you do have a request for help.

------------------
Current Maps | Inclusion | Restless Endeavor

There is a thin line between insanity and stupidity. I am that line.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2004-05-30, 12:50 AM #4
What you are trying to do is not very easy artistically, although it should be easy enough script wise.

You say your waypoints work fine. I take that also your nav_goals work fine. Then you just move the NPC to the correct nav_goal overlapping the chair model, set_dyaw to the right direction, then launch the sitting animation (like "BOTH_STAND5TOSIT3").

You must notice, here, that in order to sit on chair, the NPC must be inside the chair physically. If your chair is solid, this will cause you some troubles. If you use misc_model, don't clip it if you don't have to. Later on, when in free game, you can clip the chair by toggling on a func_usable made of clip brush.

You will have hard time adjusting the nav_goals and the chair model so that the NPC will sit on the chair spot on. It was hard enough just to adjust them when the NPC was sitting all the time from the beginning, without first coming from somewhere else. If you can, and if it's in a cinematic mode, you can try to fine-tune the NPC's position with the set_origin command also (with the aid of a ref_taq), just before the sitting animation. That will give you exact control.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blood Asp:
...the only reason i'm not closing this thread is because you do have a request for help.</font>

No, it's because deep inside, you have a warm and caring heart...

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS

[This message has been edited by lassev (edited May 30, 2004).]
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-05-30, 2:22 AM #5
Asp doesn't have a heart, for he only has pants.
2004-05-30, 7:04 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gothicX:
Asp doesn't have a heart, for he only has pants.</font>

something along those lines.

------------------
Current Maps | Inclusion | Restless Endeavor

There is a thin line between insanity and stupidity. I am that line.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2004-05-30, 9:40 AM #7
(before I send off my replies/w quotes.. There is a special request on voice acting if any of you get the chance to do so. Reply back on here. I will givw word in the discussion forum on when my e-mail is fixed. Thanks.)
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lassev:
What you are trying to do is not very easy artistically, although it should be easy enough script wise.

You say your waypoints work fine. I take that also your nav_goals work fine. Then you just move the NPC to the correct nav_goal overlapping the chair model, set_dyaw to the right direction, then launch the sitting animation (like "BOTH_STAND5TOSIT3").

You must notice, here, that in order to sit on chair, the NPC must be inside the chair physically. If your chair is solid, this will cause you some troubles. If you use misc_model, don't clip it if you don't have to. Later on, when in free game, you can clip the chair by toggling on a func_usable made of clip brush.

You will have hard time adjusting the nav_goals and the chair model so that the NPC will sit on the chair spot on. It was hard enough just to adjust them when the NPC was sitting all the time from the beginning, without first coming from somewhere else. If you can, and if it's in a cinematic mode, you can try to fine-tune the NPC's position with the set_origin command also (with the aid of a ref_taq), just before the sitting animation. That will give you exact control.
</font>

Yeah thats what i was thinking, orgins.. ref_taq and the yaw thing.. Oi it isnt easy.. but I love a challenge! Too much scripting, But this isnt true c++ code where I can type what I want things to really do. Only this is apart of c++ doing. I can only do whats given. So I will try all of the above and see what the best result is. By chance is there a script in JA I could take refrence from on this sort of thing? And.. Is there a salute animation? If not no worries.

Quote:
...the only reason i'm not closing this thread is because you do have a request for help.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lassev:
No, it's because deep inside, you have a warm and caring heart...
</font>

Too true, but I got smart to add in a personal comment.. About editing JA by itself.. So technically aside from a person thing.. It still refers to the criteria of JA editing..

Quote:
Asp doesn't have a heart, for he only has pants.
</font>

Quote:
something along those lines.
</font>

Dont you think your misjudging the man? Gothix.. We all have pants.. To me Blood ASP is a very cool guy..

------------------
-- [url="mailto:Jatso_jk@hotmail.com"]mailto:Jatso_jk@hotmail.com[/url]Jatso_jk@hotmail.com</A>--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
2004-05-30, 9:53 AM #8
He's even cooler in his pants.

Trust me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2004-05-30, 10:41 AM #9
Quote:
He's even cooler in his pants.

Trust me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
</font>

Gods, Gothix! What are you talking about? Wait! I don't even want to know...

The best way to study the animations available is to use ModView. It should cover all the animations. If you are mapping SP, you can also access one additional gla for your pleasure, per level, to add extra animations. Also those you can preview with ModView.

Since Jedi Knights are so poorly militaristic, I can't promise you a salute animation [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] There is a bow animation, however, if you count that [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
2004-05-30, 11:14 AM #10
Yes.. I wouldnt like to know what gothix means either.. Well, if you wish to guide me more, my alternative e-mail is jatso_jk1@hotmail.com so you me and arkon11 can talk about that thing..

Either way, I dunno about the bow animation. here is the story sturcture. Elite Rebel commando befriends a jedi during when jerec was a master dark jedi and the whole kyle katarn moving into revenging his fathers death. Jedi dies in battle near the rebel commando. Rebel commando picks up saber, skillfull in acrobats. Use's it as a alternative weapon. In a few missions yet. The player learns of a old master who teaches the art of the force. Then he leaves the rebel command to become a jedi.. Then when finished the jedi training.. He roams the galaxy in search for justice.. Runs into a group of bounty hunters who befriend him and then joins thier order for thier own way of justice. hence why its called jedi Agent of the arc. Yeah its to do with my past on JK gaming. It will follow clan wars and what have ye. Animations in the first few chapters will feature military like gestures. Afterwords jedi gestures baby!

Bad@$$ style. And yes this mod/tc will have profanity/mature suggestive themes. I gots plans to make something uniqe. And I intend to get 1 chapter done by this coming christmas. Thats how big I want it to be.

------------------
2004-05-30, 12:24 PM #11
You certainly aren't lacking in ambition. The plot sounds interesting. However, I hope you will make one level at a time (maybe at max a couple of maps), and release them so, one level after another. That way we would get maps to play sooner.

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
2004-05-30, 3:39 PM #12
here is how I have my lvl nameing setup..

jaota-ch1-s1-l1
jaota-ch1-s2-l1
jaota-ch1-s3-l1
If there is a s1, means there will be cut scenes. Only thing is these cut scenes will be special. So thats why they have thier own levels.
jaota-ch1-l1
Is the actual level. No big special cutscenes.
jaota-ch1-s1-l1
is always before the real level of gameplay.
Then we have your
jaota-ch1-l2
jaota-ch1-l3
jaota-ch1-l4
jaota-ch1-l5

So in a way yes there will be levels to play. And you may enjot them because this will be the first and longest running sp tc to come out. So no more waiting on raven to come out with JK4 with long co-ops and what have ye.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!