Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → how to add a little ambient light to your map
how to add a little ambient light to your map
2004-06-15, 5:16 AM #1
i just want to add a little ambiant light to my map...just enough to see anything a little. i know this has something to do with worldspan...But i dont know how to use it

------------------
So...
"007...Whats your name"
"The name is bond...James Bond"
"No, i mean your other codename"
"Dont tell this any further. Its need help"
2004-06-15, 5:22 AM #2
Use a key of "ambient", with a value of 20-30. You're probably better off using _minlight in worldspawn tho, which lightens shadows, and doesn't touch already lit area's.
2004-06-15, 8:08 AM #3
_minlight sets the minimum light value; if _minlight is, say, 300, and you have an area with 400 lighting, it remains unaffected. If an area is lit 100, than _minlight makes it 300. You can use _color in the worldspawn to set the ambient color for _minlight or ambient. Some other keys at http://www.map-review.com/index.php?page=tutorial_view&id=16.

------------------
Have you ever been philosophical? It's pretty fun.
Well don't just sit there, REPLY!!!

↑ Up to the top!