Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Danger Will Robinson!! Danger!!!!
Danger Will Robinson!! Danger!!!!
2004-06-20, 11:02 AM #1
My copy of GTK Radiant is a mess. every time i try to run it, It attempts to load every single texture in the directory. My combined RAM and virtual memory can't handle the stress, and so when Radiant eventually crashes, it almost takes the whole system with it.

In addition to this, I can't access the prefferences file because the textures are called up during pre-loading, and i can't bypass it. I know that a preference is the source of this problem, but i can't seem to fix it. Is it possible to try and flush the preferences file and set it to defaults?

Re-installing doesn't solve the problem. I've done that several times now, and the problem still occurs. I have 24 hours to fix this issue, or my goose is cooked.

Any suguestions? Please?!

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-06-20, 11:08 AM #2
Defrag.

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-20, 11:14 AM #3
Search your registry for any trace of GTK, delete all of these keys (assuming your on Windows) look especially in the Uninstall directory of Local Machine. Then export your textures again to load into GTK and then defrag and try reinstalling.

Thats what I did for a similar program to COMPLETELY remove it. If all else fails try this program: http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=17624&fileidx=1

[This message has been edited by Freyr (edited June 20, 2004).]
Free your mind, use Open Source.
2004-06-20, 11:20 AM #4
Hmmm...you've certainly got the cause right...
Try temporarily renaming your base folder and putting an empty one in its place. As there are no base/textures to load, Radiant shouldn't load them. Load up Radiant and change the prefs. Yay!

------------------
Have you ever been philosophical? It's pretty fun.
Well don't just sit there, REPLY!!!
2004-06-20, 11:36 AM #5
Seems i was able to solve my problem, by uninstalling, and then going in and deleting the few trace elements left behind by the uninstall. Seems to have done the trick. Thanx anyway guys.

------------------
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-06-20, 2:40 PM #6
You should still defrag, especially if your resources are that low.

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-20, 3:12 PM #7
I'll defrag later. I've restarted the system a couple of times since (i don't leave it running all day), and checked it out. VM is fine, so i'll leave it for now. Still, i never was able to figure out what was different in the prefs. ah well.

------------------
2004-06-21, 8:03 AM #8
An alternative solution would be to go into radiant, and under prefs (somewhere) change startup textures (or textures to load on start) on none. But since your way worked I wont bother you!

------------------
Jedi rocks rule the house...
YEAH YEAH YEAH
Jedi rocks rule the house...
YEAH YEAH YEAH

↑ Up to the top!