Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → JKradiant: JO to JA configuration
JKradiant: JO to JA configuration
2004-06-23, 1:58 PM #1
I use JKradiant because Gtk doesn't work for me (damnit). I've been using JKr to make maps for JO, but I recently got a copy of JA from EB Games. How do I change the settings for JKr so I can make JA levels instead of JO? What are the path names that I'm changing?

------------------
Is it ok if I frag you?
Is it ok if I frag you?
2004-06-23, 2:00 PM #2
JKradiant set up for JA?

*laugh*

Well, I doubt it will work and remain stable. I can only really say is to download the newest GTKradiant version for JA.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited June 23, 2004).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-06-23, 2:11 PM #3
Didn't I already say Gtk doesn't work for me? It never has, I checked the site today and got the latest and it still doesn't work right. I just need to know how to setup JKr for JA...

------------------
Is it ok if I frag you?
Is it ok if I frag you?
2004-06-23, 2:17 PM #4
Well try download GTK for JA. Even if the editor for JO doesn't work, the version for JA (which is a bit different) might work.

------------------

--------@%

2004-06-23, 2:21 PM #5
OK. I ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE LATEST VERSION OF GTK, FOR JA. It doesn't work, just like it never did for JO. MY cam window does not display things properly, making it useless, or else I would be using it for JA and JO... I'm sorry for being a prick, but I had a very long day at work... I just need to change my JKr settings... if its possible.

------------------
Is it ok if I frag you?
Is it ok if I frag you?
2004-06-23, 9:54 PM #6
You'll want to update your video drivers, and if you use an ATI card, check the ATI bug fix in GTK preferences. Using JK2Radiant to map is like using a skateboard for the Paris-Dakar rally.
2004-06-24, 9:56 AM #7
I'm not exactly super computer literate... so most of that sounded like Bith or French... I use a radion 256MB 9200 PCI graphics card...

If you dont mind my lameness, could you explain, in an "Idiots" guide kinda way of what I wanna do?

------------------
Is it ok if I frag you?
Is it ok if I frag you?
2004-06-25, 9:58 AM #8
Go to your chip manufacturer's website, and download the latest drivers there. The site will have all the info you need. As-well, get the latest version of DirectX. There's NO reason why GTK shouldn't work.

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-25, 9:59 AM #9
Did you, JediKirby, got GTKradiant to work?

------------------

--------@%

2004-06-25, 1:11 PM #10
Yup, cept for the part where I don't have my JO or JA disk anymore :-P

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!