Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → JA moves in JO?
JA moves in JO?
2004-06-22, 11:10 PM #1
Not sure if this should be in this forum or not, but:

As someone who is almost obsessively devoted to using the lightsaber in the jedi games (yes, even DF2: JK), I was naturally very happy with all the new moves in JA. Given how close the coding seems for JO and JA, is it at all possible to somehow import the moves into JO?

------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me...
2004-06-23, 1:24 AM #2
No.

Well, I shouldn't say that but If you have a copy of SoftImage, and you couldn do a massive rewrite of the animation code and import all the files model files and create a new skin and model system for JO, sure you could do it then.

In theory its possible but you would devote so much time to actually achieving it. Raven had a team of develeopers doing a full upgrade of the code and it is incredibly hard to "downgrade" everything into an earlier version.

Well I hope I didn't kill your dream, you can still try if you like. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

[This message has been edited by Freyr (edited June 23, 2004).]
Free your mind, use Open Source.
2004-06-23, 8:05 AM #3
You're not allowed to port from JA to JO.
2004-06-25, 10:00 AM #4
If you like the moves for JA so much, why don't you just... play JA?

Honestly, the specs aren't much different between the two games, not to mention, JA is only 20 bucks at a few stores. Not many excuses for you to pull out of your butt on this one.

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-25, 10:32 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">the specs aren't much different between the two games</font>

Give or take a few hundred lines of code and they are the same game. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
600th Post.
2004-06-25, 12:57 PM #6
Which was, basically, my point. I just fancied playing JO with Kyle using the snacky saber moves from JA was all, wondered if it was possible. Since it appears to be not, fair play (unless you can import the JO missions into JA... nah... now it's getting silly)

------------------
2004-06-25, 1:09 PM #7
Actually, JO to JA would be pretty simple.

------------------
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-25, 2:40 PM #8
freyr- i have a question for you, is your name adam kelleher, and do you live in little rock Arkansas, cuz if you do, i know you. if your not, then sorry, you have the same attitude as this kid.

------------------
The mind of a scientist, eyes of an artist, ears of an elf, words of a poet, nose of a chef, lips of a lover, tongue of a rebel, and horamones of a sex machine.
The mind of a scientist, eyes of an artist, ears of an elf, words of a poet, nose of a chef, lips of a lover, tongue of a rebel, and horamones of a sex machine.
2004-06-25, 5:54 PM #9
...okay....

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-06-25, 10:20 PM #10
Jedikirby,

Bearing in mind that I'm completely new to all this - you say JO to JA would be relatively simple, how would that work? Can the mission files be extracted, then?

------------------
2004-06-25, 11:37 PM #11
Check this Lucasforums thread out:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113158

------------------
Frozen by ICARUS
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-06-26, 1:54 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">freyr- i have a question for you, is your name adam kelleher, and do you live in little rock Arkansas, cuz if you do, i know you. if your not, then sorry, you have the same attitude as this kid.</font>

No. My name is Stephen.
No. I live in Massachusetts.

I have the same attitude as someone you know?

And please don't use the forums for personal use. I get so much of that. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
600th Post.

[This message has been edited by Freyr (edited June 26, 2004).]
2004-06-26, 9:30 AM #13
Yes, you can extract the levels (Not sure if it's legal, though. While JO to JA isn't illegal, the initial axtracting of the levels from the PK3 might be a little dodgy.) and then load them into GTK, then compile them for JA. It shouldn't be any harder than opening a JA project, and recompiling.

But then again, I don't even edit either game, and don't know nearly enough about the subject to provide you with real help, but all I know is that it'd be pretty simple, given the right tinkering is done.

JediKirby

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-26, 4:34 PM #14
Along with the .bsp files, you have to tranfer many models, tons of scripts, alot of shaders, some models, sounds, many changes of code for weapons, NPCs and game, and so on. It isn't really "simple."

If there was a project for JO with JA levels, it would be illegal.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited June 26, 2004).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!