Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → JA SP Force Sense?
JA SP Force Sense?
2004-07-12, 3:13 PM #1
Alrighty, here is my idea...

Is there a possible way to increase the force mana? For SP? And also, In mapping is it possible to use "wall" taged entities to be veiwed through force sense? Somehow I belive this is work for behaved? And this is a idea for my SP level.. The so called ship I am working on is a pain.. Interior is a peice of cake, exterior, the shell of it is a pain... I have to re-sketch the damn thing maybe.. Or just leave it kinda blocky, because most cut-scenes would be in the interior.. Or.. Or just make a exterior and have a interrior base.. That works just as better!

------------------
-- [url="mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com"]mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com[/url]Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com</A>--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
-- Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
2004-07-13, 2:43 AM #2
To my knowledge there is no external .cfg file called for force data by the code so I believe you would have to go into the code and change the data in w_force.c . Unless there is some sort of script that can be used executed externally.

------------------
600th Post.
Free your mind, use Open Source.
2004-07-14, 12:02 PM #3
For inside/outside of ship, try making the inside within one skybox, then make a completely different outside within another skybox, and do the other cutscenes with that...unless you wanted the camera to look through a window or something...

------------------
Have you ever been philosophical? It's pretty fun.
Well don't just sit there, REPLY!!!
2004-07-16, 12:57 PM #4
well my main intention at the time being is what you say, in ship cutscenes only, because face it.. I will probably hit the max entities... they didnt allow enough based on memory.. grr raven.. So what I will have to do is make ROQ files, do a record, does it work well with sp? sound wise too? get the quake roq compiler/avi maker.. And I will include those in so loading is somewhat faster..

------------------
-- [url="mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com"]mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com[/url]Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com</A>--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
2004-07-16, 1:01 PM #5
as for the force sense part.. I am sure in behaved I can trigger it to come up at the appropiate moments with infinite mana.. I am thinking in a "dare devil sense".. Dark place, Only thing to rely on is your force sense.. Sneak through a level, and steal from your bounty.. Then confront and silently kill.. "imagine a hitman moment, piano wire.."

------------------

↑ Up to the top!