Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Multiplayer?
Multiplayer?
2004-07-27, 2:15 PM #1
Hey, first of all, I would just like to say hello. This is my first day here at Massassi.net.

Ok, here is my question. I am just getting started with JK2Radiant, and I think I already have the basic concept down. Is there anything I need to do differently to create a multiplayer level?

Thanks,
BoK

------------------
"No Wolf ever won a battle by dying for his Clan. He won battles by making a Jade Falcon Freebirth die for his!"
- Graffiti on dropship Iron Wolf, unclaimed
2004-07-27, 8:51 PM #2
Hi! Welcome to massassi! So your getting started huh? The first thing I suggest to do is switch to GTKradiant. This is a better map creator and it gets updated frequently. I used to like JK2 but GTK has way more power. You can get it at www.qeradiant.com .

Now for multiplayer you need to switch to multiplayer editing mode by going to file>project settings. Once you have done that restart and you are in MP mapping mode. Also with different types of editing are different types of maps. You need to make a .arena file for the game to figure out what kind of map it is. Also you need a target_intermission (at least i think thats what it is) entity so the game can have a camera view when you start out. You also have different spawn types for differetn game types. Basic FFA is info_player_deathmatch for example.

You can learn all more about this at http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/
it is a JK2radiant based site but it will work for GTK as well.

Anyway get comfortable with massassi. We are all a bunch of happy computer geeks and we all like to have a little fun. And if you ever need any help feel free to e-mail me.

-Xizor

------------------
Its peanut butter jelly time!
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-28, 3:09 PM #3
That is a considerably big cdownload compared to JK2radiant. Well, I may as well ask, is there anything I need to do manually, such as replace anything, or put it in a certain directory, or something? Right now it is still downloading, but the docs on the website I am going from were pretty vague.

Thanks,
BoK

------------------
"No Wolf ever won a battle by dying for his Clan. He won battles by making a Jade Falcon Freebirth die for his!"
2004-07-28, 3:17 PM #4
If you are downloading the right Jedi Outcast files for GTK, it should be around the size as JKradiant.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-07-28, 4:12 PM #5
I see. I was looking at the entire install app. The actual installed files are about 21 MB. Also, my questions were answered during the installation process.
I feel at home with this program. Thanks for all the help, and for the warm welcome to Massassi.net. I hope to have a pleasant stay here.

Cheers,
BoK

------------------
2004-07-29, 4:10 AM #6
well, I would suggest you export the models and textures/shaders from the assets*, to your base folder.

------------------
"Whats your name"
Cody
"No, whats your real name"
Arkon............
Proud member of the Co-op
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed

↑ Up to the top!