Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → No! Bad -light! No doughut!
No! Bad -light! No doughut!
2004-08-12, 4:55 AM #1
Ok, I'm trying to compile my Castle map. -vis takes forever, but I haven't done areaportaling yet, so that's understandable. The main problem is with the -light portion. I start it up, but after a few seconds it gives me an error message that says "MAX_TW_VERTS (12) exceeded". Arkon said there must be too many vertices on one brush, but it's kind of hard to get some of my brushes down to size...Is there any way to change the MAX_TW_VERTS thing to something else? The BSP won't have lighting data otherwise...Help?

------------------
Have you ever been philosophical? It's pretty fun.
Well don't just sit there, REPLY!!!
2004-08-12, 11:21 AM #2
You chopped up a brush or vertex or something way to much. Did you use the hollow tool or subtraction tool too much (or something)? Go around the map and look for an area where there is an unusual clump of brushes or vertexs (or anything that looks odd) and delete it.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-14, 12:19 PM #3
Heh...I have a couple of 26-sided figures that I hollowed out...I'm trying to split them up some. Would that help?

------------------
Have you ever been philosophical? It's pretty fun.
Well don't just sit there, REPLY!!!
2004-08-15, 2:28 AM #4
yes, get reid of those.

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

Grace is the Pleasure of God to magnify the Worth of God by
enabling sinners to delight in God without compromising the Glory of God.
-J. Piper
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

↑ Up to the top!