Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Question from a 2nd-time newb
Question from a 2nd-time newb
2004-09-29, 6:23 AM #1
Alright, I've decided to mess around in JO editing after a two-year hiatus, and am starting to re-learn all that I knew. However, I can't seem to find a tutorial anywhere on how to make a pit of lava that someone can fall into and die. So basically a two-part question: how do you make a liquid surface, and how do you make a surface kill a player?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give this 2nd-time newbie. ;)
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-09-29, 9:31 AM #2
for the liquid surface. Just search for the caulk_nonsolid texture in the system map, then make a whole brush of caulk_nonsolid and put a lava texture on the top and on the bottom. That was easy, wasnt it :p.

For the pain and suffering, make a brush that have exactly the same size of the lava brush. Then, click on the trigger texture (also founded in the system map) to let the whole brush have the trigger texture.
Then right click on the brush and select trigger_hurt.

Voila!
2004-09-29, 1:04 PM #3
That certainly was easy enough! It's all slowly coming back to me now! Thanks! :)
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?

↑ Up to the top!