Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → J/O Bsp Issue
J/O Bsp Issue
2004-10-05, 1:45 PM #1
I get this in my gtk radiant 1.4.0 console when I convert my maps into bsp
I can use my maps but everything is bright and there are no shadows or light sources visible

"C:/Program Files/GtkRadiant-1.4/q3map2" -v -connect 127.0.0.1:39000 -game jk2 -fs_basepath "C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/" -meta "C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/base/maps/hangarduel.map"
Connected.
WARNING: SOCKET_ERROR in CWatchBSP::RoutineProcessing
Terminating the connection.
2004-10-05, 5:26 PM #2
Maybe do a BSP debug.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-06, 9:07 AM #3
i actually use that bsp alot for testing maps, it was the BSP meta thing, right? don't know if that's the only one that does that, but it's the one i use when i'm too lazy to put any lights in :P
2004-10-06, 9:49 AM #4
try to do it with a 'batch file'
2004-10-06, 7:09 PM #5
need help, you don't always have to quote batch file :p . If you need any help writing one, ask. We'll hook you up.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-10-06, 8:03 PM #6
By the looks of it, I don't think dacheat is going to respond.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-07, 8:31 AM #7
"D:\games\GtkRadiant-1.3\q3map2.exe" -meta -samples 4 -game ja "D:\games\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\Base\maps\dogs.map"
"D:\games\GtkRadiant-1.3\q3map2.exe" -vis -game ja "D:\games\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\Base\maps\dogs.bsp"
"D:\games\GtkRadiant-1.3\q3map2.exe" -light -fast -patchshadows -samples 3 -gamma 2 -game ja "D:\games\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\Base\maps\dogs.bsp"

copy that into notepad, click 'save as'...*WARNING* Do not save it as a text file. But choose the other option and type nameofthefile.bat

*SECOND WARNING* Ofcourse you need to change the path to the q3map2 file on your computer, and change the path to the level.
2004-10-07, 12:34 PM #8
I was pretty busy yesterday sorry about that!
I went under edit preferences and deactivated everything under the bsp menu.
Everything works now!
Ill be sure to come by again if I have a problem and can't fugure it out in at least one day by myself

↑ Up to the top!