Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → how do you put a vehicle in a gtk radeint map?
how do you put a vehicle in a gtk radeint map?
2005-01-24, 2:28 PM #1
ok im a bit of a noob mapper, but ive been searching the internet for a while now on how to put a vehicle into a map and i cant figure it out. i can find n e thing else i want, how to make doors, curves, lighting, moving platforms ect... but i cant find this
so if n e one can post how to do this in a detailed way so i dont get confused i would greatly appreciate it
thanks
2005-01-24, 3:18 PM #2
NPC -> NPC_vehicle
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-24, 3:43 PM #3
no offense but i knew that thats not my problem, once u hit n someone told me u type in vehicle for key, and the name of the vehicle for the other box, but when i do that i wind up with a white swoop with a ton of health

so if you can be a little bit more specific as what to fill in the box i would appreciate it
2005-01-24, 7:20 PM #4
You're typing in "Swoop".

Try typing in one of the following;

swoop_mp
swoop_mp2

:)

- Virtue.
2005-01-25, 6:58 AM #5
im not typing in swoop, im typing in rjk_harrier, which is a vehicle im reskinning, because the map im making is gona be a map based off the movie top gun, as a flight school map. and i want several of these to be in it

so if you could tell me why typing in rjk_harrier isnt working, or how to put a z-95 in or an x-wing wich ive tried and got the same result, i would appreciate it
2005-01-25, 7:33 AM #6
Well, from scratch, you would put an NPC_Vehicle in your map, select it, and press 'N'. For an X-Wing, you would give it the following;

Key: npc_type
Value: x-wing

There are other fields that you could enter to control stuff like respawning, respawn delay, killtimer etc etc aswell.

- Virtue.
2005-01-25, 8:55 AM #7
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! someone told me to use vehicle for the key, not npc_type

thank you!!!

ok... now whats the key to get it to respawn?
2005-01-25, 3:56 PM #8
To get it to respawn, you do the following;

Key: count
Value: (A Number, however many times you want it to respawn after it has been destroyed. Giving it a value of -1 means it will always respawn after it dies, having 'infinite lives')

Also;

Key: delay
Value: X (X = A number in seconds)

This will make the ship respawn an X amount of seconds after it has been destroyed.

Hope this helps. :)

- Virtue.
2005-01-26, 1:05 PM #9
ok i got the vehicles in my map, but the respawn isnt working, when they get destroyed, they just are destroyed permenatly

↑ Up to the top!