Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Gun/ammo racks
Gun/ammo racks
2005-02-03, 12:07 PM #1
When I edited JO, I could put these gun/ammo racks from misc_ list. However, after formating my comp and not installing JO, but JA instead, I can't put gun/ammo racks to levels as the entity list completly misses them. However, I'm certain that these exist in JA as I have seen them in levels. Where can I find them/add them?
There 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary arithmetics, and those who don't.
2005-02-03, 1:58 PM #2
I would suggest reinstalling Radiant. Every now and then it seems people complain they are missing entities in the menus. I haven't seen any other solution than reinstalling.

And yes, they should be there :rolleyes:
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-02-05, 3:11 AM #3
I re-installed and iI couldn't find the ammo racks there. So I went to get the newest version... And it hasn't got them either.

So, any ideas? Add them manually perhaps?
There 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary arithmetics, and those who don't.
2005-02-05, 6:07 AM #4
Maybe you should back-up everything custom you have, then uninstall not only GTK but JA itself. Then delete the folders, and make a completely fresh reinstall. And also pay attention to the SP/MP mapping mode...

Sorry, but I don't have any really good suggestions here. Such things have never happened to me (like most of the rest of the problems people seem to be suffering with their editing software. I must be blessed or something...).
2005-02-05, 8:36 AM #5
I switched it to MP mapping mode and then back to SP mode. That didn't take effect until my comp mysteriously crashed during editing... After that they appeared in the misc_ entity list. So did many other things I now realize missing before. So I guess problem solved. Only problem is that I saw them only as red boxes, so putting them to right place and aligning them is a bit hard...
2005-02-05, 9:14 AM #6
Try to restart Radiant.
2005-02-05, 9:52 AM #7
I tried restarting, but it didn't help... But I noticed two odd things. First, I have 2 gun_racks and 2 ammo_racks which seem to be identical... Secondly, when I open any of my old levels I can't add gun/ammo racks as they and some other entities are missing then.. I solved this by importing my old maps to a new empty map.

↑ Up to the top!