Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → exporting JA models into JO
exporting JA models into JO
2005-02-11, 4:01 AM #1
does anyone know how to export a JA model into JO?
"Observation: There is a 98% probability that this meatbag's tribe has been kidnapped by the sand people and are being held hostage and he needs our help. There is a 2% probability that this meatbag is only trying to take your valuable credits in which case he should be blasted. I believe this is the case, master." - HK-47
2005-02-11, 1:13 PM #2
Illegal.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-02-11, 5:36 PM #3
how so, if its a custom JA model?
"Observation: There is a 98% probability that this meatbag's tribe has been kidnapped by the sand people and are being held hostage and he needs our help. There is a 2% probability that this meatbag is only trying to take your valuable credits in which case he should be blasted. I believe this is the case, master." - HK-47
2005-02-11, 10:13 PM #4
You mean a JA model not made by Ravensoft? :confused:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-02-11, 11:12 PM #5
do you ever go outside of massassi.net for JA downloads, or what? there are several non-Raven models out there for JA.
2005-02-12, 1:41 AM #6
I assume you are talking about player models, since arbitrary md3s or other such models hardly need... exporting (or porting, to use the correct term).

If a playermodel doesn't work in JO, it's due to two reasons: the skin files aren't necessarily similar, and JA models have a different amount of bones compared to JO models, due to the dual saber possibility. JA has a function to dynamically try to adjust JO models in game, but for obvious chronological reasons JO doesn't have such a function for JA models.

You would need to edit the model in 3DS Max to get the bone structure to match JO specifications.

Well, I'm no modeller at all, but this is what I think you would be facing. Of course you would need the original modeller's permission to release any such ported models.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-02-12, 4:00 AM #7
i was actually wondering if i could do this with Milkshape, because 3DSmax is a little out of my budget.

↑ Up to the top!