Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Some variaty of quistions (most scripting)
Some variaty of quistions (most scripting)
2005-02-14, 9:14 AM #1
Allright, i was wondering if it was possible to activate AND deactivate a trigger_multiple or trigger_once, preferbly with scripting.

Also, i was wondering how to do somekind of shooting range like in t2_dpred (where you get captured bij Rax, the fat guy...JA). This is because i want it to be possible to let an elavator come down when you shoot at something.

Thank you again :D
2005-02-14, 10:42 AM #2
I use always target_activate and target_deactivate for that purpose. Give them targetnames, and you can use them via scripting.

For shot sensitivity, you can use, for example, a func_usable with a paintarget key.

You should note these methods work in SP. MP doesn't seem to recognize a paintarget key at all, and target_activate and _deactivate entities seem to have their fair share of problems in MP as well.

I hope this helps you a little with your quistions ;)
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-02-15, 5:57 AM #3
Thanks again Lassev,

Anyway, just to bother you a little more :D,
Is it possible to set the count of a target_counter back to the number '0'. Like, two triggers have just set the count of a target_counter to two, and i want to change it back to '0'
2005-02-15, 6:55 AM #4
A good third quistion. The entity description doesn't actually tell anything about that, or if it does, the explanation is so twisted I've failed to understand it. So I have assumed it isn't possible. Although I should point out target_counter is an entity I only use to count enemies killed, and since I don't employ zombies, one time through has been perfectly enough.

I prefer scripting (imagine that :rolleyes: ), and thus I use variables a lot to do just the thing you want to do with a target_counter. There are quite a many things you can do with both entity properties and scripting. I usually go for scripting.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-02-16, 5:41 AM #5
I understand that very well. If i may ask you, i can accept the awnser ' no'. May i decompile your syndicate level.

If i do this, i swear to god, my family and the rest of that stuff that i wont steal ANY part of your scripts and/or level. If i do, you may get me to court, and charge me a million of dollars for that. This way, i would know more about scripting. Anyway, i don't want to make such puzzels like you. Because they made me mad :D!

I am currently working on a elevator that can both go up and down over 5 floors...

↑ Up to the top!