Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → K.O. Instead of Death
K.O. Instead of Death
2005-03-12, 7:48 PM #1
Greetings,

A few friends and I have an idea for a small modification, though none of us know how to edit and mod. We'll need help.

The idea was to replace death caused by saberdamage or gundamage by unconsiousness. For you the screen goes black, and you'll see a countdown. The other people will see you lying there. When the countdown's finished, the screen will return to normal, and you will get up, with low HP and ForceP of course. So basically, when someone dies, they'll go into a lying down animation (or even the default death animations), but they won't be -dead- and have to respawn. They'll just be immobile for an X amount of time while the screen is black and they see a count down timer. Also, how could I implement a variable that allows us to change the amount of seconds someone would be K.O.'d for?

We hope this mod will bring more feeling of RolePlay, where people spar for practice. No one's supposed to die during training after all.

If there's anyone that can help us on the way, if only tell us what we must learn, we will be forever thankful.
2005-03-13, 7:13 AM #2
SP or MP?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-03-13, 8:09 AM #3
MP. This is for an MP mod.
2005-03-13, 8:37 AM #4
I suggest that you find an experienced coder. This will take a good amount of work.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-03-16, 12:00 PM #5
It won't take THAT much work. The greatest problem is to find out where to edit the code. All you need to do is add an effect and a condition of when this effect happens.

↑ Up to the top!