Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Making npc files?
Making npc files?
2005-03-17, 6:27 AM #1
Hello again!!!
I am here now because I want to play as my ARC Clone Trooper in SP mode for Jedi Academy
Looks like I need to make an NPC file first to use him well... How to?
2005-03-17, 8:17 AM #2
what do you want him to be, your player?
Join the Full Game Enhancement Mod Today...
Visit Our Forums
2005-03-17, 12:06 PM #3
Check out the npc files under base/ext_data. You can see how you can add and alter npcs.

If you want to spawn that new NPC, use NPC_spawner and state what NPC you want to use with the key, npc_type
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-03-17, 12:34 PM #4
*drip of sweat on face*
I looked at all the NPC files and wonder how to add the GLM and if you didnt understand yes I want the PC to be my model but I think I have to turn him into an npc first.
2005-03-21, 6:40 AM #5
Look around here first, buddy. Tutorials>Jedi Outcast Tutorials>Single Player JO Maps Part 1.
Quote:
Covers some fundamental points for creating single player maps, such as how to launch your SP map as a proper Mod, specifying what character model to spawn your hero as, and controlling what gear they spawn with.
2005-03-23, 5:03 AM #6
Sorry to be prude but this is for JA and that wasnt helpful try reading a thread befire replying ;)
And Ive read ever JO tut on massassi :)
2005-03-23, 5:05 AM #7
If it's just for yourself, enter "playermodel [modelname]" in the console.
2005-03-23, 8:38 AM #8
Small thing to make it easier - theres a programme called npc creator, might be on jk3files
nope.
2005-03-23, 3:07 PM #9
Sorry...Forgot the JO/JA methods were different. :o

↑ Up to the top!