Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → skin not showin up!!! PLZ HELP!!!
skin not showin up!!! PLZ HELP!!!
2005-04-03, 1:28 PM #1
ok before you dismiss this as some moron thinking his skin isnt showing up because he has too many and that if you type it in in the consol it will work keep reading because that is not the case.
ok ive been working on this navy piliot skin and its 100% completed finally, (after i had spring break to work on it, damn school :-P)
n e way it looks great in modview so i transfered it from my laptop (where i dont have the game, but was working on it from) to my desktop where i have the game. i turned it into a pk3 and it didnt show up, so im like "ok i must have too many skins for the icon to show up" so i type in /model navy (name of the folder for my player) and it shows me as kyle. I then take EVERY skin out of my base and it still doesnt show up or work
Ive been making skins for a while now and this has never happened to me, and ive made sure to check all my file names, and folder names so any incite would be really appreciated!
thanks
2005-04-03, 1:45 PM #2
Check if your .pk3 file is in the right place and has the right files. I suggest you look at a working skin .pk3 file to compare. You have the pakscape program, right?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-04, 4:52 PM #3
i should have put this in my first post but im not new to skinning, ive been doing it ever since i got the game over a year ago
i packed it up right (using winrar), i checked for typos, i even put it in a working skin files models/players just to triple check i wasnt too stupid to catch my typos and it didnt work
i then made a quick cfg file to dump all my skins in the players folder to see if my game was even registering n e of the files, and when it dumped it my game was reading it, so its in the right folder, its just not showing up or letting me be the character

so n e more suggestions?
2005-04-04, 6:00 PM #4
I doubt this would help your situation, but try Pakscape.

Anyway, right after the game starts, JA loads up all the .pk3s. You can see them in the game console and scrolling up. Check if your .pk3 is listed.

Are there any errors in the game console when you load up your skin or do /model navy? Are you sure your model doesn't have odd image properties (such as progressive .jpg files)?

Did you try taking every .pk3 (including non-skin related files) out? Are you sure your config file didn't turn into a .txt somehow along the way?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-05, 7:27 PM #5
well in answers to ur questions, yes, no and no
no errors or n e thing, and the stuff shows up when i look it up in console, just the icon wont show up, and when i try and do /model navy it shows me as kyle, no errors or n e thing

↑ Up to the top!