Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → JO flying
JO flying
2005-05-27, 4:49 PM #1
Can anyone make a flying mod and a multiplayer map with different ships and you can fly them? It should be possible, if driving an ATST is in the game. If someone could make that, it would be AWSOME! Perhaps ask the maker of Party Crasher to use his model of the republic starfighter (or whatever it is called). This would be the coolest thing ever to be put on Jedi Outcast.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-05-27, 6:00 PM #2
You have to buy JA. The game has ships and vehicles to fly.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-27, 6:38 PM #3
yeah, but someone could almost copy the JA stuff that makes the models fly. And I am poor. And don't want to buy it anyway.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-05-27, 7:17 PM #4
Well, it's too bad. The mod making community for JO is almost gone. You can't just "copy" the code from JA to JO. There are differences of the source code between JO and JA.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-28, 10:18 AM #5
look... I am not going to tell you i do not like you, but i really hate people, that fly in, ask someone if somebody can do something...

Do it yourself, try to see how the ATST work and make one yourself. It will help...

BTW: I do not remember properly, but i think it was the same way i entered massassi ;)
2005-05-28, 2:22 PM #6
:(
2005-05-29, 12:29 AM #7
To elaborate Echoman's answer a little bit: JA is a bargain bin game nowadays, and costs something like $10-15. How would you evaluate the time needed to mod JO to have those flying abilities JA does already have?

Do you think somebody could do it in 5 mins? I seriously doubt that. Most probably it would take a considerable amount of time (if possible at all), and if you give any value to the time spent by modders, you would quickly see that the time they should invest is worth much more than those few bucks you would need to invest in JA.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-05-29, 10:56 AM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Double Helix
:(

nah dude, don't worry...like i said, i entered the same way. The problem is, i think these at-st's work the same way as people (with some few adaptions in code), so i think, the vehicle's in jedi academy are coded someway...because they work with totaly new things that jedi outcast won't have.

Like when they crash into a wall, the 'splode :D, and an ATST doesn't do that

↑ Up to the top!