Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → JO -> JA adaptation
JO -> JA adaptation
2005-08-01, 11:54 PM #1
I'm wanting to play through JO in JA. Any clues as to how I might be able to load the JO levels as a mod?
Your lack of faith disturbs me... :mad:
2005-08-02, 8:16 AM #2
Doing something like that would be really time-consuming. You have to transfer a ton of scripts, shaders, sounds, textures, .bsp files, models, etc. and put in .pk3 files. You have to go through the massive amounts of files to find what is missing, what is needed, and what you need to change.

I don't know if the .bsp files from JO will work in JA (Raven used a different compiler). Mayve you need to go through and recompile them. Alot of coding from JO changed in JA.

I don't see why you can just play JO for the JO experience.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-03, 12:02 AM #3
Now why would I want to play JO just for the JO experience? Seriously, it does sound like a real pain to do (if at all possible). If I really want to do something like that it would be a lot easier to just find my favorite method of constructing Jaden and just make a Jaden skin for JO and play through using that.
Your lack of faith disturbs me... :mad:
2005-08-04, 11:38 PM #4
You may have some legal issues to deal with. You're essentially moving level detail, scripts, textures, shaders from one game into another. That's frowned upon by the EULA.

That's my interpretation.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-05, 9:16 AM #5
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
You may have some legal issues to deal with. You're essentially moving level detail, scripts, textures, shaders from one game into another. That's frowned upon by the EULA.

That's my interpretation.

Not exactly. Raven allows people to use JO materials in JA. But not the other way around.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!