Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Problem with mapping . . .
Problem with mapping . . .
2005-08-10, 4:29 AM #1
So I need help with mapping. First I used JK2 radiant 2.0 version which was good until end. I can't compile map because of wrong path n paths r 95 % correct. Because base n texturepath r 100 % correct. Then I tried GTK Radiant 1.4.0 but I couldn't get textures, thought I had right basepath. So I need help guys, I'm sure that u can help me with this.
2005-08-10, 8:03 AM #2
Post your paths.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-10, 9:38 AM #3
Basepath: E:/Outcast/GameData/base
Mapspath: C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base\maps\
rshcmd: (empty)
Remotebasepath: C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base
Entitypath: E:\Outcast\GameData\Tools\\SP_entities.def
Texturepath: E:\Outcast\Gamedata\base\textures\textures
That texture folder is made by myself n that works. :p
2005-08-10, 10:05 AM #4
Originally posted by FinnBoy:
Basepath: E:/Outcast/GameData/base
Entitypath: E:\Outcast\GameData\Tools\\SP_entities.def
Texturepath: E:\Outcast\Gamedata\base\textures\textures

There's your problem(s). Base is C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base. None of the paths should point to your disc drive.
2005-08-10, 4:12 PM #5
Spi Waterwing is insanely correct.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-10, 10:25 PM #6
Thx, where I must lead those others? Oh got it, but only path I dunno is texturepath in C.

Tried without changing texturepath n this is answer: [http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5641/nytt9xb.th.jpg]

PS. I changed program to GTK 1.4.0 n it works now, so lock this topic or someone can use it as post here all ur problems topic.
2005-08-11, 8:06 AM #7
Originally posted by FinnBoy:
Thx, where I must lead those others? Oh got it, but only path I dunno is texturepath in C.

Erm...
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\textures
:rolleyes:

As you evidently don't know this, all of the game files are stored in the assets[number].pk3 files. .pk3's function like .zip's, and therefore have directories within them.
A suggestion: Use Pakscape to decompress the .pk3's into your base directory. That way you can look at/mess around with the original game files to see how stuff is done, without actually changing the game.
Subdirectories in the \base\textures folder are where textures are actually stored. If you want to use a texture in-game, put your textures in \base\textures\[yourmap] folder, then create a .pk3. Create a textures directory in the .pk3, and put the [yourmap] folder in that.

Unfortunately, richdiesal's site seems to have gone under. :( Massassi still has a couple of good tutorials, though.

Good luck!
2005-09-04, 2:21 PM #8
[QUOTE=Spi Waterwing]Unfortunately, richdiesal's site seems to have gone under.
Quote:
Not quite. CLICK ME!!

↑ Up to the top!