Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Problems with Outcast-PLEASE HELP
Problems with Outcast-PLEASE HELP
2005-09-10, 6:32 AM #1
Today I finaly got JedI Outcast :D (I've had Academy for a while) and its all good, except when ever try to play Multiplayer, it says jk2mp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close :confused: . I'm not that great with computers, I only know the basics, and need Help, PLEASE HELP :gbk:
2005-09-10, 8:28 AM #2
Thos belongs in the JO/JA forums, what this is is the Jedi Knight DF2 forums.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-09-10, 8:33 AM #3
Try rebooting. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling JO. If that doesn't work, update your video drivers and DirectX if you don't have 9.0c.

If that doesn't work, try running JOMP from safe mode with networking. If it works, you have something installed and running normally that's crashing it.

2005-09-10, 5:54 PM #4
Quote:
Thos belongs in the JO/JA forums, what this is is the Jedi Knight DF2 forums.

Sorry bout that, just wanted the problem solved fast

Quote:
Try rebooting. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling JO. If that doesn't work, update your video drivers and DirectX if you don't have 9.0c.

If that doesn't work, try running JOMP from safe mode with networking. If it works, you have something installed and running normally that's crashing it.

I may not have made it clear, I don't know much about computers, all I know is my computer is a windows Xp, with 120gbs on it.
2005-09-10, 6:13 PM #5
Umm...so you don't know what a reboot is, how to reinstall a program, what is a driver, what is Safe Mode, and stuff?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-10, 11:29 PM #6
Quote:
Umm...so you don't know what a reboot is, how to reinstall a program, what is a driver, what is Safe Mode, and stuff?

I know how to reboot, and how to reinstall a program, however I don't know what a driver is, or what Safe Mode is (Although the games name does have safe mode in it.)
2005-09-11, 8:17 AM #7
Well, you can try starting the game in Safe Mode, usually just by going through the Start->All Programs menu, then clicking the JO Safe Mode option.

If that doesn't work, go Start->Control Panel->System, then choose the 'Hardware' tab and click 'Device Manager'. Then just select all the appropriate devices from the list, right click them and choose 'Update Driver'.

↑ Up to the top!