Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → md3 and *.seq file
md3 and *.seq file
2005-09-23, 2:09 PM #1
hi
ive got problem with importing skin into map. ive converted it into a md3 file, but u probubly know, that it shows into a 'cross' position. is there some way, to open animation.cfg file into a md3, to get my skin into some move position? how can i convert *.cfg file into a *.seq file? can somebody help me ? im sitting with this problem 2 day :/
2005-09-23, 4:02 PM #2
Aren't skins usually .jpg files?

I'm also confused by what you're doing when you mean: "is there some way, to open animation.cfg file into a md3, to get my skin into some move position?"
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-23, 4:15 PM #3
hmm, animation.cfg contains animation moves used by game. i want to open it into a md3, to get that model in a move, and save in a move. not 'cross' position. but i just cant open it, cause md3 uses *.seq files. so im asking for some type of converter, instructions how should i wrote a seq file. or maybe there is other way?
2005-09-24, 6:50 AM #4
Maybe 3dMax?
2005-09-24, 7:49 AM #5
i know i can edit it in some 3d program, but ive got big problems with humans. so im asking for some way, to open an.cfg file into md3. then i would be able to save it in a move.
2005-09-26, 3:33 AM #6
k, ive modeled it in milkshape. but there is another problem. when i put my model into my map in radiant its showes up, wiht textures etc. i added spawnflags key to make it clip, but in a game it shows without textures. where should i put them in my pk3 file to make them visible?
2005-09-26, 4:04 AM #7
Try putting this in your console before starting your level: sv_pure 0

Although your model might have errors. Errors tend to apeear in the console.
2005-09-27, 12:43 AM #8
there arent any errors to this model. its just glowing black :?
2005-09-27, 4:02 AM #9
Hmm. Try a misc_model_static and see if it works instead.
2005-09-27, 11:02 AM #10
model disapers when it becomes static o0

↑ Up to the top!