Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → It's likely old news...
It's likely old news...
2005-09-25, 12:56 PM #1
...but I've not seen enough discussion abou it to answer my questions.

I've been using GTK-R build 1.4 with Jedi Academy and have once again run into the problem of the program forgetting where half of the textures are, replacing them with that horrid blue/black checkered NoTex texture instead. What I would like to know is if any answer to the casue of the problem has ever been found or if other releases of the program have proven more stable in this respect. (At least with this Win XP, for which I hold an endless bitter resentment.) I'm still reluctant to try 1.5 again after the bizzare problems I encountered previously; although that was nearly a half-year ago.

It seems that a simple reinstall has fixed the problem as usual, but I would still appreciate any information that you could offer. Thank you much.
2005-09-25, 3:55 PM #2
Were the paths correct before reinstall?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-25, 5:39 PM #3
Indeed, everything was right as rain. I recall it happening spontaneously before, (presumably) but the error seemed to correlate with the installation of icarus and the other old JO tools this time. Perhaps that has something to do with it, perhaps not.
2005-09-25, 6:38 PM #4
Sometimes if you have temporary files of older GTK, newer installations of GTK can screwup. But that's only what I heard.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-26, 12:11 AM #5
Why did you install old JO tools if you are editing JA? Although I doubt this could cause any problems...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-09-29, 3:31 PM #6
I installed them because it was the only means by which I could acquire BehaveEd, at least as far as I know.

↑ Up to the top!