Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Swinging grates open.
Swinging grates open.
2005-10-16, 4:56 PM #1
Okay, I wanna do something unique here and have a sneaky level. You start out with no weapon, and through positioning and cinematics (maybe), steal a weapon off someone helpless.

I want to start this off with a somewhat simple question. How can I make a grate that doesn't break, but instead swings downward once used? Do I use a func_rotating? Thanks for the help. :)
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-17, 12:24 AM #2
Nah. You use an entity and scripting. Possibly a func_static and scripting.

Here's a tutorial by some bloody n00b that you can apply with a little imagination. Be sure to skip the areaportaling part, for you don't want to combine a grate and an areaportal...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-10-17, 1:11 PM #3
You use a black background with white lines? That would hurt my eyes after awhile. :(
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-17, 5:08 PM #4
I do. It's so much less blinding than a white background with black lines. That would be like staring into a lightbulb.

Thanks for the tut BTW. I'll try it out later. :)
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-17, 11:54 PM #5
Originally posted by Echoman:
You use a black background with white lines? That would hurt my eyes after awhile. :(

The original JK2Radiant had the theme I'm still using even with GTK: Black background, dull green/gray grid lines, white lines for worldspawn. If I remember correctly, to get a perfect replication I had to hack some of it in by editing some file in Notepad...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS

↑ Up to the top!