Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → best way to get scale right in gtk?
best way to get scale right in gtk?
2005-11-04, 9:38 PM #1
Im trying to convert a level from Jedi Knight to JO (ie JED to GTK), whats the best way to get the scale right? jed doesnt seem to have a measurement tool, but i may be missing something since i havent used it in 3 years. Any ideas?
2005-11-05, 8:35 AM #2
Dunno how many JK units is in one player and in GTK.

Probably the best way is to build the level proportional the player.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-11-05, 10:56 AM #3
One unit it JO/JA is 1.5 inches, so the small 8x8 squares that show up by default are 1 foot each. The info_player_start entity is 4x4x6 units, which is probably a good guide.
2005-11-05, 4:36 PM #4
The info_player_start is the height of a human, use it to your advantage but remember the 3rd person camera adds a bit more height. Best is just to try out a map with several marked heights then see which one is best. That's how I got my idea of scale.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.

↑ Up to the top!