Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Sound Effects
Sound Effects
2006-03-21, 3:35 PM #1
With luck, this won't be too foolish a question.

I recently dumped the contents of Jedi Academy's 'assets0' file into a folder in order to get what I hoped would be a perfect database of the game's sound effects. However, I ran into a curious problem. A few of the door sound effects I attemted to use in conjunction with a simple func_door in Radiant resulted in errors after the compile process. Jedi Academy simply told me the sound effect could not be found and refused to load the map. Strangely, the sound effects that could or could not be found are all located in the same folder.

As for the question(s), has anyone else encountered this problem? Should I use more precise directories in Radiant, or would it be to my benefit to just use Icarus scripts for doors? (Since I'll have to learn it anyway before too long.)

Thanks in advance.
2006-03-22, 3:51 AM #2
What did you type for key/value for the door in attempt to get the sound?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-03-22, 2:02 PM #3
It was but a simple 'soundset' tag- I believe the particular sound I tried to use was 'door_large_04'. (Or one of them, at least)

As I am typing this, I have the sudden bad feeling that maybe those underscores might not exactly need to be there, and I doubt that I tried this before.
2006-03-22, 11:14 PM #4
Hmm. There should be a .txt file in one of those .pk3s that list all the sounds with proper names. Take a look around.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-03-25, 6:01 AM #5
Well, I found the file, and it certainly explained everything I wanted to know. Thanks for the tip.

↑ Up to the top!