Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → New to GTK
New to GTK
2006-06-10, 7:55 AM #1
i just started using GTK radiant and i get the basics. i use jedi academy and id like it if someone could make a quick design for a map that i can make because i need some practice mapping. i want it to have some things other than just a bunch of rooms (doors, lifts, buttons etc) but plz nothing too complicated (in other words, no scripts). anyone willing?
2006-06-10, 10:48 AM #2
Well, the fun of mapping is following your own plan design. You can't just get a piece of paper (of graph paper) and a pencil to plan it out for yourself? :confused:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-10, 11:04 AM #3
i do but if i have multiple plans i dont have to make new plans when i finish the first one. my bro was going to make up a design but he hasn't made a single mark yet.
2006-06-10, 11:13 AM #4
THe reason why I push forth for you making your own plans is due to motivation. It is somewhat more motivational (well, I think) if you follow your own steps because it gives greater feelings of accomplishment. Not only did you do the mapping job, but you followed through with great ideas from the beginning.

Along the way, the design of your map, odds are, won't following your original plans. So, if it was your own plans, you can easily deal with changes and new developments.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!