Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Need help with JK2 Radiant
Need help with JK2 Radiant
2006-07-29, 2:40 PM #1
How do I put objects like parked TIE Fighters/ AT-ST's and stuff like that in to a map using JK2 Radiant? Thanks for any help
2006-07-29, 5:31 PM #2
Look for the entity misc_model. Then assign the entity to use a model from JA's resources. Models are found in "map_objects" and the level they were feature in.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-29, 7:31 PM #3
Thanks for the help, I appriciate it.
2006-08-02, 5:45 PM #4
sp: appreciate
</grammer>

And Echoman somehow forgot to mention you should use GTKRadiant (http://qeradiant.com).

And you will have to unzip the .pk3 files to actually get to the model files. If you type the paths in manually, it will work, but you won't be able to browse to them without unzipping the .pk3s.
2006-08-02, 5:52 PM #5
You have to unzip the .pk3 files?

I don't remember that. Hmm.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-08-02, 5:56 PM #6
Yah. Like I said, you could type in the paths manually- I don't think the game can read the model files unless they're .pk3'd. But, if you want to browse using the explorer in Radiant, you have to unzip the files to look through them. Then the path will correspond to the correct one within the .pk3 automatically.

↑ Up to the top!