Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → using mods for JA
using mods for JA
2006-08-03, 7:06 PM #1
I was wondering if there is a program that i can activate and deactivate mods for JO and JA with? If not can someone help me with step by step instructions? I'm new at modding and am not sure where most of the files are people tell me to go to to place my mods so they can work. Any info would be great.
2006-08-03, 7:30 PM #2
Just take mods in and out. Keep a folder handy in you JA directory.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-08-03, 8:53 PM #3
Out of which folder? I think i've tried that already.
2006-08-04, 1:40 AM #4
The folder the mods are installed in. Just move the mods you are not using to a seperate folder. I don't think there is a program that can manage mods.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-08-04, 6:47 AM #5
There isn't, unless he means the actual ingame option for changing what mod you're running.
nope.
2006-08-04, 11:22 AM #6
i downloaded uber jedi suite and it let me use the mods but only one at a time. Can you use more than one? And i put the mods i wanted to use in the gamedata folder but it always comes up with an error jasp.exe'. is missing. And when i do the same thing for JO it is even worse. I'm still figuring out how to use the mods for the games, but it still shouldn't be this hard considering it already has the option to activate or deactivate the mods from the setup screen.
2006-08-04, 5:51 PM #7
Make a new folder under Gamedata: C:/pathToJAorJO/Gamedata/ModName

Put the files for the mod into that folder.

Within JO/JA, go to...what, Settings/Mods? Something like that. Select a mod and, voila!
2006-08-05, 8:55 AM #8
Thanks for the help. That worked for JA but not for JO which strange. It should work the same. but i'll try to figure it out.

↑ Up to the top!