Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Warning: Node With Unbound Volume
Warning: Node With Unbound Volume
2007-04-10, 2:40 PM #1
Hello again

I find every proect i work on, eventually i do something wrong and when i try to compile the map, Gtk Radiant spews a bunch of crap at me: (Warning! Node With Unbound Volume)

Yea... so if anyone knows what this is, and can help me repair this... node... that would be helpful
I regret to inform you...

Time2Die!
2007-04-10, 3:19 PM #2
Most likely, look for a brush that seems to stretch out to infinity. So, zoom out and see if you can find any odd looking brushes. Retrace your steps.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-10, 5:14 PM #3
hmm that would explain why when i loaded up the map there was a brush that shouldnt have been there... although when i looked back on radiant it didnt appear there. Ill look again. Thanks

Time2Die!
2007-04-10, 9:09 PM #4
If worse comes to worst and you can't find away out of this error, people have just copied and pasted their map into a new map. It seems the problem brush doesn't carry over.

But yeah, you should try looking for any bad , ugly brushes.
2007-04-11, 4:07 AM #5
Lol i sorta figured that would be the best course of action, no ugly brushes showed up so i copied what i had into a new map. Seems to be working fine now. A few things id like to get straight:

1. How do you create a fog effect, but not global, only in certain areas?

2. I have an idea of a part where there is explosives on a wall, and a detonator further back. Press the switch, bada boom bada bing. Is there something you can do in ICARUS that can make that happen?

Thats all for now, thanks

Time2Die!
2007-04-11, 6:21 PM #6
1- Simple. Make a brush and slap a fog shader on it. Various fog shaders are found under textures/fogs

2- I don't think scripting is needed. Probably just a trigger entity pointed toward a func_breakable.
2007-04-13, 1:33 PM #7
And for the explosions i'd do a fx_runner, correct?

Oh and also, going by your suggestion about stealth a while back, im gona take an idea from JO. How do you have a switch that when you activate it, the lights turn off/on?

ps. what does the little saber beside our names mean? lol

Time2Die!
2007-04-15, 1:40 PM #8
Look for the light information under the light entity. It should say something about turning it on/off.
2007-04-15, 5:53 PM #9
Well, all it mentions is "targetname: used for swichable lights" but that doesnt tell me much about how to go around doing so. Im guessing just an average switch targeting the light?

Time2Die!
2007-04-16, 9:27 AM #10
Sure. Try playing around with trigger entities pointing to the light.
2007-04-17, 2:03 PM #11
Ok, ill do that.

By the way, if i were to.. thicken a pipe, how wpuld i go about doing it? Well i have an elevator pipe going straight down, but the actual brush is so thin and if i wanted to thicken it, that would help very much. Any ideas?

Time2Die!
2007-04-17, 2:49 PM #12
Look for "cap selection." It should do just that.
2007-04-17, 3:10 PM #13
Ahh not that. When i make a cylinder, and do cap selection, and a cap for the cylinder appears. This is what i want:

[http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/BKTraitor/CYLINDER.jpg]

See see?

Time2Die!

↑ Up to the top!