Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Making a map show in "create Server"
Making a map show in "create Server"
2007-08-12, 11:47 AM #1
I made a simple map for a friend of mine and I to play on called Jedipong. I used GTK radiant 1.5 for Jedi Outcast and had the project settings set to Multiplayer and it went smooth, I created a pk3 file out of it with all the right directories (scripts, levelshots, textures, maps, music, shaders) and filled them in appropriately (jedipong.arena, Jedipong.jpg, textures, jedipong.bsp, Stream of conciousness.mp3, and empty, respectively). The map will run fine when i put the .bsp file into jk2/gamedata/base/maps and use console \devmap jedipong, but when I put the pk3 file into the base folder and try to create server, my map isnt there. My .arena file is

{
map "Jedipong"
longname "Jedipong"
type "ffa duel"
}

So I should see it under both the FFA and duel gametypes, right? But its not under any of the categories. Any suggestions?
2007-08-12, 1:02 PM #2
Here's the file I use for my map, and it shows up. The .bsp filename is "ctf_warring_industries"

{
map "ctf_warring_industries"
longname "Warring Industries"
fraglimit "30"
type "team_ffa ctf"
}

Hmm, this is perplexing. Do you have other custom .pk3 files in your base?

Here's a test: Do you have a copy of the .bsp file of your map left over in your /map folder? Take it out for the time being and start up your game. Use /devmap and see if your game is actually finding the .pk3 file.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-08-13, 6:43 PM #3
Check your caps. You said most everything was 'Jedipong.whatev', except the .bsp and the .arena. Make sure it's all one or the other.

↑ Up to the top!