Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → And now for the final steps...
And now for the final steps...
2008-09-01, 1:25 PM #1
Alright, my level is now finally 99% complete, BSP-wise (I have one last thing to add), so now I need to think about getting the objectives to work and the proper scripting. So now I have a few questions.

1) How do I make the loading screen display the proper briefing/objectives?
2) How do I make objectives work? (I have the scripted events all set up, I just don't know how to make it actually affect the objectives in your datapad).
3) How do I make an area the player enters where it stops the level and loads the next?
4) This is the trickiest. What I would like to do it make it so the player starts with only the force powers I want him to, and the same for the weapons. However, I want the starting weapons to behave differently. I want to start with only a lightsaber and blaster, and I want the lightsaber to have 2 stances available (Medium and fast), and I want the secondary fire of the blaster to behave differently. I want the secondary fire for the blaster to actually zoom in just like the disruptor rifle (I don't care if it even uses the same scope), but it can only zoom in half as far. Is this possible, using some fiddling with text files, perhaps?

DO NOT WANT.
2008-09-03, 8:38 PM #2
The last option is not possible with JO/JA. They never gave us any sort of SP SDK. :(
2008-09-03, 8:43 PM #3
Regarding specifying force powers and weapons:

This is possible in JO using BehavEd.

You use a spawnscript on your player_start entity and run a script that specifies force powers, weapons, etc.

I don't know if this is possible in JA. Let me know if you want a tutorial on how to do this on JO, but as far as JA goes, I can't help you out.

2008-09-03, 9:02 PM #4
Hmm... I followed the tutorials on doing it for JO, and yes, it doesn't work. I know it's possible, because I've played levels for JA where the force powers and player model were specified. I don't know what they did...
DO NOT WANT.
2008-09-08, 7:19 PM #5
Here's a tutorial on custom NPC's for JO. See if you did the same thing.

↑ Up to the top!