Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → The Creation of NPC
The Creation of NPC
2008-10-29, 8:44 AM #1
I have a skin at the ready. Can someone explain to me step by step how to be able to spawn it in-game as a NPC?

Thanks in advance :)
2008-10-29, 6:36 PM #2
Um, did you make a .npc file to go with your NPC in question?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-10-30, 8:34 AM #3
No I have not. I actually meant: how can i create a *.npc file?
2008-10-30, 1:15 PM #4
Check under "GameData\base\assets1.pk3\ext_data\npcs\". You will see a folder of .npc files. Take a look with your favorite text editor. You will see these .npc files are for each of the game's NPCs.

What you need to do is make a new one for your new NPC. You will notice these files contain attributes for the NPC to use, include where it can find the model to use.
2008-10-31, 9:57 AM #5
thank you very much, I succesfully created my first npc ;)
2008-10-31, 7:39 PM #6
That was fast.

I wasn't even done explaining the rest of the process. Good luck.
2008-11-01, 7:22 AM #7
oh, one more question. while I was trying to find out how to fight against the char i used as Jaden, but I cannot find the proper way to edit the colour.

I used to be a red Twi'lek female, you see
2008-11-01, 6:23 PM #8
Color of what?
2008-11-02, 3:10 AM #9
of the skin.
when creating your JA character for Single Player, you can choose a colour for your Jaden. seeing as we talk about the Twi'lek Female, the skincolour changes.

I have succeeded in making my Jaden appear with the proper clothing, face, saber and forcepowers, but not with the proper colour.

↑ Up to the top!