Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → What is a Radiant project file and where do I get one?
What is a Radiant project file and where do I get one?
2008-12-07, 12:30 PM #1
So once again I'm screwing around in gtkRadian 1.4 for JA. However, I can't get the thing to run - on startup it wants a project file. Which I don't have?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-12-07, 6:55 PM #2
Where did you download it from?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-12-07, 9:01 PM #3
From ssome Elite Force site you linked me to the last time I whined about JA editing in this forum (in the 'hey hey' thread),

I tried unselecting 'load project on startup' but that didn't do the trick.Radiant crashes before I get to the mapping environment thinger.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-12-08, 7:17 AM #4
During the installation process, what "game packs" did you specify you wanted loaded on your harddrive?

If anything, did you try reinstall?
2008-12-08, 12:41 PM #5
Hm, that worked. But new problem! Where do I extract the game's textures? In gamedata/base/textures? (when I load a texture set in radiant I get a bunch of blank white squares of varying sizes)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-12-08, 1:13 PM #6
Textures should load automatically. Did you select that it is Jedi Academy you want to edit for when the editor started up?

Are the texture directories listed?
2008-12-08, 1:54 PM #7
Yeah, JA is selected. When I load a particular texture set I get this message:

LOADED: textures/bespin/wall_panel
LOADED: textures/bespin/wall_teeth
Loaded 33 shaders and created default shader for 35 orphan textures.
Warning: OpenGL Error GL_INVALID_ENUM - An unacceptable value is specified for an enumerated argument.

All the textures have their proper names and sizes in the texture selection window dealie but they're just blank white.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-12-08, 3:26 PM #8
It's an editor rendering problem. What graphic card are you using?
2008-12-08, 4:38 PM #9
Nvidia 8800GT.

This should be the forum of ask Echoman. :p
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-12-08, 4:53 PM #10
I have a Nvidia chip for my laptop and it works fine.

Hmm. I dunno. 1.4.0 is outdated, and I'm guessing the editor doesn't like your card. But I could be wrong.

Have you tried 1.5.0?
2008-12-08, 5:35 PM #11
Is that the one from the official no longer updated qeradiant.com website? I'll check it out, but I recall from another thread you helped me in that 1.5 wouldn't work, and I needed 1.4 EliteForceFiles.com. (1.4 is the one with the JA splash screen).

Yeah, that was the story in the hey hey thread.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-12-08, 5:59 PM #12
Well, 1.5 seems to work. But I'll be sure to bother you with more free tech support when something else breaks! (thanks)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!