Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Weapons SFX for jedi outcast.
Weapons SFX for jedi outcast.
2009-07-25, 9:43 PM #1
I found this really cool weapons sfx for Jedi Outcast on filefront.net, but it's password protected, and since the filefront servers are kaput anyway, I cant use it period. Can anyone edit the sounds of the weapons in jedi outcast to match what they sound like in the original/ prequel trilogies? And I'm talking about the guns too, not just the lightsabers.
2009-07-25, 11:15 PM #2
Password protected? I didn't think Filefront allowed files that are password protected.

Swapping sounds wouldn't be too hard. You probably could do it on your own.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-07-25, 11:47 PM #3
This is more of a winzip thing than anything else. when I try to extract the files after I download them, I get this message that these files are password protected. It's like their encrypted or something. Which kind of makes sense I guess, I mean I don't want to pick up any malware or anything like that.

And in terms of doing this on my own, I'm not that computer savy when it comes to learning the language of programming and I really don't have the patience to compile anything. Unless someone gives me step by step instructions as I'm working on it, I don't have the patience to figure it out. I mean if you know your way in and out of a computer, that's craft, that's God given talent. I shouldn't do it, I just know I shouldnt do it. If my computer does anything funky I'm calling for help. I'm always like "It made a funny noise, I'm outta here...call me when it doesn't do that anymore."
2009-07-26, 11:11 AM #4
Ok then.

Try 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) instead of WinZip and see if you get the same results.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-07-26, 3:14 PM #5
I was able to get it to work with zipgenius. thanks anyway though.

↑ Up to the top!